Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEED TO KNOW

What are payments banks?
    Payments banks are niche banks set up by the Reserve Bank of India to further the agenda of financial inclusion. These banks will provide small savings accounts and payments /remittance services mainly to migrant labour workforce, low-income households, small businesses, etc.
    What can they do?
    They can accept demand deposits — current deposits and savings bank deposits — from individuals, small businesses and other entities, but there is an upper limit of Rs 1 lakh per customer. Customers will earn interest on their savings account balance. They can accept and send remittances. The payments banks are also allowed to undertake utility bill payments and can distribute MF, insurance and pension products.
    What are they not allowed to do?
    They cannot lend to customers or issue credit cards.
    Where can they deploy funds?
    Payments banks can only park money in government papers and bank deposits.
    What are the challenges they are likely to face?
    Payments banks will face competition from the existing lenders. Besides, profitability will also remain a challenge as they will be working on narrow margins.

Re: NEED TO KNOW

Active stream.
    My dear Sree.RV,Soundarrajan,Gowri,
    Please let me know how to go back to see the previous active stream posts, as I find it very difficult to get them for my view. This is most urgent...PSN

Comment

Dear Narasimhan ji,

I don't know. In fact my computor knowledge is Zero. In fact I am unable understand how to type in Tamil. sorry for my inability to help you.

Thanks and with Best regards

S. Sankara Narayanan
      RADHE KRISHNA

Comment

Dear sree. I got it by myself through trail and error. No need to be troubled by yourself.Thanks...P.S.N

Comment

Dear P.S.N.
          I am no computer geek, as they say.I will tell what I do every day when zI
          I log on to our site.
          After log--in, I touch (for touch screen devices)/click the icon New-Today at the top left.The display then gives all the new posts of the day.
          Choose the one you want, or start from the top one..After reading, you touch/click the back arrow that takes you to the previous page, i.e.the new-today page. Then you choose the next post.OK?
          If you do any replying,then the back page will not take you directly to new-today page.You need to touch /click the icon New-Today again to go to the pGe.
          It appears long process, but actually a matter of seconds.
          Hope it is clear to you and to others who have similar doubts.
          Varadarajan
          Last edited by R.Varadarajan; 21-08-15, 19:21.

Comment

Originally posted by gowriputran View Post
            Dear Narasimhan ji,

I don't know. In fact my computor knowledge is Zero. In fact I am unable understand how to type in Tamil. sorry for my inability to help you.

Thanks and with Best regards

S. Sankara Narayanan
            Dear Mr SSN download NHM Writer select tamil phonetics unicode start typing in english example if you type uthaaraNam you will get it as உதாரணம்

Comment

Thanks for your guidance. I will do this tomorrow as it is a holiday.

S. Sankara Narayanan
              RADHE KRISHNA

Comment

Dear sree RV,Gowri,Soundar.
                Reg :Active stream. I myself got it through trail and error, and it is perfectly allright. Anyhow since all of you informed about no knowledge about this I would like to tell you please go to your "Active stream" page, scroll to the bottom where you will see a strip just above 2 inches and at the left side you see "more activities and simply click on it. Now you will see all old active stream. As you are aware I always share whatever I know and learnt from my granddaughter....PSN

Comment

Dear Sri Gowri,
                  Reg your request about poems; Please go to home page fill up the blank URL with the words 1, Avvayar padalkal and proceed 2. Vetri vaerkkai and proceed. Now you could also post all and everything.

Comment

Dear P.S. N Ji,

Thanks for your guidance.

With Namaskarams

S. Sankara Narayanan
                    RADHE KRISHNA

Comment

Working...
                    X