Upanayanam for intercaste born boys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upanayanam for intercaste born boys

Dear elde?timeback I raised the question of people performing Upanayanam for the intercaste born boys either to a brahmin boy's or a brahmin girl's.I was told by this forum thst it is not permitted as per Shastras.
    But some vadhyars, it appears, say, that, the boy can be adopted by a BRAHMIN (?) family and then he can have his Brahmopadesam!!! Is it a Ghar Wapsi? Is it permitted in our shastras? Just by adoption, overnight, can the boy become a brahmin? Which shastra permits this?
    I seek clarification from learned elders.Please participate in this and answer me.Won't this dilute our caste?
    Awaiting response,
    varadarajan

Re: Upanayanam for intercaste born boys

Sri:
    There is no way to do this and shastra is not permitting any such activity.
    Adoption is not so easy to do just like that, it has a huge procedure, which is not possible for all Vadhyars (of new generation) to do according to shastras.
    The So called Vadhyars who are conducting such functions are to be evacuated.
    Sorry for harsh words.

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
    please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
    Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
    Best Wishes and Best Regards,
    Dr.NVS

Comment

My views exactly.Not evacuated, it appears a too soft a punishment. To be shunned by society as a whole. But, will our society do it?
      Running after cold hard cash, will the elders, if dependent on theirchildren, dare to raise their voice? I wait for response from other active elders atleast.
      varadarajan

Comment

A Brahmin is one who studies Veda and tries to live as per the Veda. Not by birth one becomes Brahmin. Just like Doctor’s son cannot become a Doctor unless he goes through the studies. Acquiring knowledge of Veda is not limited to any one sector of people. Those who have true faith in GOD and Veda are eligible for the study of Veda and become knowledgeable. The pre-requisite for the study of Veda, one has to go through the rituals of Bramopadesam i.e. upanayanam and this is to be done at the age of 7yrs (8th year from the Garba Kalam) . Now a days the upanayanam has become one of the rituls to show off one’s status and lost its significance. If the other caste boy is adopted and put into the profession of spreading Vedic knowledge which is the primary duty of a Brahmin, I don’t see anything wrong in this. Otherwise there is no sanctity in performing such upanayanams. The Vadyar who is performing such Upanayanam is seeing as one of the income source. Let the Vadyar face the result of doing unaccepted act.

Comment

Theores appear good in print.Definition of a Brahmin etc., The case I sought clarification is not for exalted persons interested in any vedic studies or knowledge. The boy concerned is just half brahmin and my query was to perform upanayanam for him by circumvenying the rules by being adopted by a brahmin, (God save him), is correct or not. The attempt is to make him into a brahmin when he is not.No noble intentions as study od Vedas or our scriptures.The boy isn't interested in any of these as far as I know.
          IS IT ACCEPTABLE?
          Varadarajan

Comment

If the intensions of Upanayanam is for the personal interest and just to make him as brahmin is not acceptable. There is no use of such act and such act is to be condemned

Comment

Sri:
              There is no question of intention!
              Upanayanam is one of the mandatory karma which must be done before getting in to Grihastashrama.
              So, all are doing it.

Though "Seemantam" is a mandatory karma as like as upanayanam, some people are skipping it.

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
              please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
              Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
              Best Wishes and Best Regards,
              Dr.NVS

Comment

I know that Brahmopadesam is a mandatory step for any brahmachari, normally done a the age of t 7,9 etc.,
                But this is wrong for a intercaste boy to be canonised, performing brahmopadesam!!! Definitely he cannot take the Gotra of his mother before her marriage as her gotra changed when she married.
                It is funny and sickening to even think of the boy as a brahmin anymore.
                R.V.

Comment

ram ram.

As sasthra's are not permitting my opinion is this should not be done. There is a vedic way of life and a dharmic way of life. Such people born because of the IC and IR marriages have the right to lead their life in Dharmic way and not in vedic way. such people can involve in namasankeerthana , Mahamanthra Japam and that is actually enough to attain bliss.

As per Our dharma sasthras Adoption is not that much easy. there is a lengthy procedure and a list of restrictions for both the boy/girl to be adopted, the adoptor and the persons giving adoption.

Comment

Working...
                  X