Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adi Amavsai - Pitru Sthuthi from Dharma Puranam, Markandeya Puranam

Dear All,

Greetings and Namaste. Adi/Ashada Amavasya falls on July 18th (Wednesday) and in that connection, I am happy to share a couple of very rare Stotras on Pitrus.

1. Pitru Stuti - Dharma Puranam - I shared this Stuti 6 months ago but I included only the Pitru Stotra although it follows with a Matru Stotra. Several people wrote to me asking for the Matru Stuti also and therefore I am resending the same with Matru Stuti included. As mentioned before, this stotra can be chanted by anyone as a reverence to ancestors - including parents who are alive. This hymn is prescribed to be chanted every day morning, in front of one's father (or mother) as an obeisance to him, one's own birthdays and on the Shraddha days of forefathers (Pitrus). Lord Brahma says that this is capable of atoning all sorts of ill deeds by one and pleasing Pitrus.

2. Pitru Stuti - Markandeya Puranam - This is a two-part stotra appearing in two consecutive chapters (93-94) as part of Raucya Manvantara/Ruci Prajapati story. I have endeavored to give paraphrase the context of this hymn as well as the benefits of chanting this hymn in the preface of the stotram. Unlike the previous one, this is to be chanted only during Shraddha time.

As is well-known, Adi/Ashaada Amavasya is a very important occasion for worshipping ancestors. The other occasions are Thai/Makara Amavasya and Mahalaya Paksha (apart from monthly Amavasyas and Shraddha days). I hope these two stutis will be helpful in that regard.

Thanks & Regards,
    K. Muralidharan (Murali)
    [dbox]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24348664/pithru-sthuthi-Adi-Amavasai.zip[/dbox]

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
    please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
    Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
    Best Wishes and Best Regards,
    Dr.NVS
Working...
X