X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nemili Bala Tripurasundari temple

Courtesy:Smt.Lakshmi

Nemili Bala (Tripura Sundari) Temple

A calm and poised atmosphere near Vellore, the most elegant town of Tamil Nadu in the district of Arakkonam is a village called Nemili. Seated in her own house, Sri Bala Tripura Sundari has been incessantly showering her blessings on Her devotees for several years.

I have also heard of Her temple from my relatives but it is a significant truth cum stipulation that unless the Lordess wishes you to see you, it is becoming almost next to impossible to go to this temple. Even to search information on the website, I think, I could not locate it till now and just reached a YahooGroups website NemiliBala. I wanted to share a few info about this temple so that other pilgrims too can get benefitted by praying to the Lordess for Her darshan and blessings.

Other temples of Tripura Sundari:

Thiruvanmiyur
    Tri Soolam
    Thirukazhunkundram
    Thiruvathiai
    Sirkazhi
    History of the Temple/Sthala Varalaru:

The significance of Bala Tripura Sundari unlike Her other temples enlisted above is that the Lordess is a small nine-year old girl named as 'Bala'. The house, She resides has been named as Bala Peetam.

It was in the dream of Shri Subramania Iyer, that the Lordess commanded about one hundred years ago, to take Her idol to his hometown when She would be floating in the flood of the river Kushasthalai. For about three days, Shri Subramania Iyer searched the backyard of his home and the river banks but in vain. The next day, he got hold of the three-inch bronze idol in the river, which he consecrated and placed in the center of his house, which is now currently the Bala Peetam. The prime diety of this temple is Raja Rajeswari, the family deity of the pundits over there. The deity Bala Thirupura Sundari has supposed to come on earth as a child goddess out of pure affection and not devotion.

Being a child god, the devotees are expected to only think of thier wish and pray for the same to Her instead of diverting the focus and attention on the offerings that are being intended to be made. Such distractions, which are often on par bargains, are supposed to make the diety feel bad and it is a humble request for the devotees to observe this fact.

The temple has also been conducted with Poojas by Sri Kanchi Paramacharya in 1945 along with his religious group for three full days.

It was Thirumuruga Kripananda Variyar, who told the following quotes "I see in this great peetam, the collection of all our Gods on earth".

Temple Practices:

Since the diety is a child, the prasadam is chocalates and biscuits. The devotees are given only chocalates. The decoration or the alankaram of the diety also is a pretty simple plain vanilla small silk pavadai. The Bala Peetam abode is better known as a home rather than as temple.

The contents of this message has been based from devotees messages at http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/nemelibala/ and has been formatted as a service to the Lordess and Her devotees.

Temple Address:

Bala Temple Address:
    Nemili Sri Bala Peetam,
    No:22, Chatiram Street,
    Nemeli,
    Vellore District,
    Pin: 631051

Telephone: +91-4177-247216
Working...
X