Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make your online life so easy with dropbox

Sri:
    There are several methods to add a single photo or a photo album.
    It is very easy to add here, but before that you should have an online storage for your contents.

I recommend all members to have a FREE dropbox account
    by which you can make many sub folders under the public folder of dropbox.
    No need to do anything online, everything can be done off line in your computer itself.

Here are the steps to create and maintain a dropbox.

Please check that you are connected to the internet before going to setup the dropbox.
    Also mind your power cut time in your area, that you should have the internet connection for next 15 minutes.

Click here to go to Dropbox.com to create a new account.

Step-1

Fill the 4 boxes
    1.First Name

2. Last Name

3. your email ID

4. your required password

then click the I agree to Dropbox terms
    then finally click crate account button as shown in the figure.
    In the next step, it will take you to new window and the dropbox program will be started download to your computer.
    After getting downloaded you have to find the file where it is downloaded
    and you should double click on it to start the installation of dropbox program in your computer.
    Other instructions are given in the next image, which will also be given by dropbox while installing.
    Break Image

Step-2

This step is the installation of dropbox in your computer, do as per the instructions, guidance.
    Break Image

Step-3

After successful installation, if you go to dropbox.com immediately no need to sign in
    otherwise you have to type in your browser as www.dropbox.com and press enter.
    Click on the "Sign In" drop down menu at the top right corner
    See the red round in the picture.
    It will ask you the information as shown in the below picture in 4th Step.
    Break Image

Step-4

1. Type your email ID
    2. Enter your password
    3.Click on the Remember me square box to log in next time automatically.
    Now you will be taken to your dropbox control panel for you.
    Break Image

Step-5

Now you see the picture.
    First you have double click on the 'Public' folder to get in
    Next you have to click the 'New Folder' button on the top right (see the arrow mark)
    It will ask the name for it, type 'images' or 'photos' whatever you like
    Like that you can create as many folders as you want separately for
    pdf, audio, video, clip arts etc. etc.
    It will give you 2GB initially
    then you can increase it up to 16 GB by referring many friends.

Step - 6
    To add files to dropbox is very easy for which I like this very much.
    If you have installed the dropbox in your computer
    Click the my computer in your computer
    You will see the dropbox icon in the left panel as shown in the figure
    Double click on it
    It will open the dropbox folder and list all your created folders including 'public' folder
    Whenever you want to share the files with this forum you have to store all the files
    only in the sub folders under the 'public' folder.
    Copy and paste the photos or any document from some other folders of your computer to
    dropbox public folder, by which you no need to go online to upload your files.
    Dropbox will automatically upload all the files in its folder whenever you be online for some other work
    in the background.
    Also, a very good option is: if you have any android or apple phones,
    you can install a mini dropbox application in that also using the same email ID.
    By which the photos taken through your mobiles will be transferred to your computer wirelessly, and automatically.

Step - 7
    Using files in this forum - stored in dorpbox
    For this you have to go to www.dropbox.com/home
    no need to open any folder (oh! what an easy job?! I really thankful to dropbox)
    just enter initial few letters of your file which you want to share in this forum or through email.
    For an example, I have stored an image file name : "my-computer.jpg"
    I have typed only 'my-com' in the search box (no need to enter the file type also)
    it will list the file(s) start with the letters you have typed in the search box

You should click on the file which you want to share
    now it will show a menu "copy public link"
    click on that and it will show the url for that file.
    You can now copy the link on yourself or click on the button "copy to clip board"
    dropbox will automatically do for you.

Ok, everything over with dropbox.

Now you have to consider with the vbulleting forums:
    Really VB also having lot of features to easy up our work in a grand scale.
    It can not type the matter whatever you think in your mind for you,
    but it could be very useful for you to beautify your contents with formatting easily
    using simple bbcodes.
    BBcodes are nothing but codes called through Brackets
    The basic format of the bbcode is thus: [bla] ... url .... or content [/bla]
    I have used the word 'bla' for which there is no meaning but usually used in the internet
    as bla bla bla to represent something which should be replaced in its place.

So, I think now you got it
    To use the pdf files use the bbcode
    [pdf] then the url copied in your clip board [/pdf ] end bbcode
    like that to use the images [img][/img]
    I have created two more bbcodes to align the bictures middle and left
    I have used the [imgl] bbcode in this post to show the picture left and contents in the right.

Below video will be helpful to setup dropbox in your computer.

I can say lot of thing but by doing it practical only give fruitful results.
    Kindly post all your doubts and how much you tried, got successful
    or where you find problem, everything you can post here.
    I try to solve your problems.
    best regards,
    nvs

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
    please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
    Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
    Best Wishes and Best Regards,
    Dr.NVS

Re: Make your online life so easy with dropbox

Sri:
    I have started my account only with 2GB but after regular referrals
    Now I have got the full capacity more than 16GB free space.

In other words, I am running this huge site mostly with the help of Dropbox.com only.

Hi Srinivasan,

uppili43@gmail.com installed Dropbox after getting your invite. To thank you, we've awarded you 500 MB of bonus space. You now have 16.13 GB on Dropbox!

Thanks!
    - The Dropbox Team

P.S. To get even more space, invite your friends or upgrade your Dropbox!

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
    please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
    Dr.NVS

Comment

Sir

Our son suggested about keeping every detail in Drop Box about 2 years back, since then we have put every detail about many matters in that and shared it with our son and daughter.

Regards

Padmanabhan.J

Comment

Originally posted by Padmanabhan.J View Post
        Sir

Our son suggested about keeping every detail in Drop Box about 2 years back, since then we have put every detail about many matters in that and shared it with our son and daughter.
        Regards
        Padmanabhan.J
        Sri:
        I missed to see this message previously,
        Sorry for late response.
        By the way, you might have a Public folder in your dropbox account in your computer,
        You can create a special folder called brahminsnet or share or something meaningful.
        Now you drag this folder to your favorites bar in the left pan of Windows Explorer.

Then you can store the images found in other web sites which you want to share with this forum
        in that folder, by right clicking on the image and then clicking on the Save Image As menu,
        it will ask you a location by opening a windows explorer dialogue box, in which you could find the created folder
        under favorites, click on that and then save the image with suitable name.
        In few seconds / minutes dropbox will automatically upload the image to its web server.
        Now, by right clicking on the new image in your windows explorer, you will find a dropbox right click context menu,
        by clicking on it, it will show you a menu "Copy Public Link"
        by clicking on it, the image location will be copied to the clip board,
        Now you come to this forum,
        Select a place to put the image in your message,
        click on the image button,
        Select the From Url tab
        then right click and paste the url from clip board,
        clik Ok
        the image will be placed.
        Another easier method is using the [img] bb code
        You should paste the url between img and /img
        use the square bracket as shown above.
        See the below illustration picture:

Dr.NVS

Comment

Dear NVS Sir,
          In dropbox installation upto step 5 i have come i'veuploaded two photos in photo folder and one photo in image folder already a pdf getting started folder is present but i didnot get any information as to 2gb space sanction and guide me further what i've to do. as per your information no public folder present. And just now i've noticed that you have added the like button top rt corner as requested by PSN sir.The dropbox icon doesn't appear when clicked My comp on its left side.Sir I've misunderstood the dislike sign as like sign.(PSN sir actually asked for the like button)
          Last edited by soundararajan50; 01-03-14, 20:57.

Comment

Sri:
            You have to got to dropbox.com to create a folder under dropbox in any name even as "public"
            then you have to right click on it and select the public option
            after that you can create as many folders as you want under that to save all your public files
            The folder created in the website will be automatically created in your computer also
            likewise the folder created in your computer under dropbox will be created in the dropbox.com server also
            All the files stored locally (in you computer) will be transferred (uploaded) (simply synced) automatically.

To show the dropbox folder in your favorites list, first you have to drag and drop the dropbox folder under favorites once
            then every time it will be shown there.

If your computer settings enabled for dropbox to show in right click options ( normally will found)
            you could right click on any file under your dropbox public folder to get the publick link in the right click context menu.

You can paste it in notepad and create the bbcode for it to place it in forum.
            regs,
            nvs

Dr.NVS

Comment

Sri,
              I have followed ur instructions opened a file named public but when right clicked i didn't get the public option.I am using mozilla fire fox. I have dropbox icon in my desk top as well as in bottom tool bar.I have seen the message that i have 2.5GB space.
              you could right click on any file under your dropbox public folder to get the publick link in the right click context menu.

You can paste it in notepad and create the bbcode for it to place it in forum
              I am not able to understand this and i need further explanations as to how to use dropbox effectively sorry for the inconvenience

Comment

Sri:

Please do the following to help you better:
                1. go to http://www.dropbox.com/home
                2. Press the Print Screen button in your key board
                3. Open the MSPaint in your computer (Click the start button and type mspaint in the search bar there and hit enter)
                4. Click on Paste Menu (the screen shot will be pasted there), if you know how to crop the picture to a required size crop it to correct size
                or leave it as it is.
                5. Click the save as button from file menu, save the file as dropboxhome.jpg in your dropbox folder
                6. Then if possible attach that image in your reply post here or send it to me through email
                I will look in to it and suggest you accordingly.
                Also see the below image, you could find the icon to click to create a new folder in dropbox.
                I hope a public folder should be there in dropbox automatically. Please check.
                It it is there, save the above image in that folder.
                After few seconds click on the drop box icon found on the lower right corner of your monitor
                It will show the recently added file.
                Click the file now saved as dropboxhome.jpg
                it will open the folder and the file will found selected.
                Right click on that, you may find the menu copy publick link with dropgbox icon, click on that and paste that url
                in this forum between [img] bbcode
                it will show that image here.

Click image for larger version

Name:	dropbox-home.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	33951

Last edited by bmbcAdmin; 02-03-14, 22:46.

Dr.NVS

Comment

Dear Sir
                  When pressed print sc button I have received a box named share your screenshots using Dropbox bottom of the box { No, Thanks} {Save Screenshots to Dropbox} appeared.. as per the 3rd instruction ms paint could not be opened if typed in address column ms paint and pressed enter download ms paint was the instruction received when clicked download button nothing happened here I’ve got struck

Comment

Dear Sir
                    When pressed print sc button I have received a box named share your screenshots using Dropbox bottom of the box { No, Thanks} {Save Screenshots to Dropbox} appeared.. as per the 3rd instruction ms paint could not be opened if typed in address column ms paint and pressed enter download ms paint was the instruction received when clicked download button nothing happened here I’ve got struck

Comment

Sri:
                      OK good.
                      Why don't you use the option prompted by the dropbox?!
                      Use it, save to dropbox
                      and then using the gmail program
                      attach that image in the mail and send it to me.

Please read my instruction, mspaint should not be typed in the browser address bar,
                      after clicking the start button of your computer you may find a 'Run' progam?! (if it is older windows)
                      I don't know which version of Windows you are using.
                      Click the run menu and then type mspaint or find the Paint program from your computer some how
                      and use the paste option to save it, if you are not able to use the dropbox as in the first paragraph.
                      Some how you have to save that screenshot on your computer and send it to me to understand.

Otherwise describe me in words, by comparing with the above my screenshot with that of your dropbox
                      home page list. What are all there, what are all not there?!
                      regs,
                      nvs

Dr.NVS

Comment

Sri:
                        Dear Soundararajan,
                        Please watch this video Dropbox full tutorial and try to learn from it how to use the drop box

Dr.NVS

Comment

Sri:
                          To create a public folder:
                          Create/enable Public folder for your new account on Dropbox
                          New Dropbox users, don’t worry! you can still create public folder on Dropbox by following the link https://www.dropbox.com/enable_public_folder, then click on “enable public folder” button on dialog shown.

Next to enable public folder you need to verify your email address by clicking on “Send email” button on the pop up, check your inbox and click on verification link sent by dropbox, “your public folder is now enabled” message will be shown on your Dropbox account.

Which one might new users prefer Links or Public folder links? Do you like the change introduced by Dropbox for new users? share with us in comments.

Dr.NVS

Comment

Sri:
                            To create a public folder:
                            Create/enable Public folder for your new account on Dropbox
                            New Dropbox users, don’t worry! you can still create public folder on Dropbox by following the link https://www.dropbox.com/enable_public_folder, then click on “enable public folder” button on dialog shown.

Next to enable public folder you need to verify your email address by clicking on “Send email” button on the pop up, check your inbox and click on verification link sent by dropbox, “your public folder is now enabled” message will be shown on your Dropbox account.

Which one might new users prefer Links or Public folder links? Do you like the change introduced by Dropbox for new users? share with us in comments.

Dr.NVS

Comment

Sri:
                              Please read this link also
                              there is a link to create a public folder, scroll down to find it and click on that
                              it will prompt you to create a public folder.

https://www.dropbox.com/help/16/en

Dr.NVS

Comment

Working...
                              X