Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oonam , Masiyam and Sodhakumbham dates neded

Dear Fellow members,

My mother passed away on 14th June, Tuesday , Dasami Thithi , Vaigasi month, Shukla Paksham. I am the elder kartha and my birth star is Magam. Kindly any one please share the relevant dates for 27th day oonam, sodha khumbam, masiyam and 45th day oonam. My vadhyar has given 11/07/2016 as the 27th day oonam(actually 11th is 28th day)citing my birth star on 10th July. I understand Magam falls on 8th July. I am nit clear .

Also could some one let me know if I could do only the 27th Oonam and 45th oonam, and all other masiyam/sodhakhumbam together on 6th month and then on varshapthigam dates?

Urgent response will be of great help.

Thanks
    Ramachandran

Re: Oonam , Masiyam and Sodhakumbham dates neded

Sri:

The date you have selected is : 14-6-2016
    General Conditions : If possible avoid eldest kartha's jenma star, then Tuesday - Saturday - Friday (in this order)
    27th Oonam : 11-07-2016

We have given 28th day, it can be performed either on 28th or on 29th day.
    It can be performed on 30th day if thithi maasikam does not occur.

45th Oonam : 24-07-2016

We have given 41st day, it can be performed on any one day from 41st to 45th day.

6th month Oonam : 01-12-2016

We have given 171st day, it can be performed on any one day from 171st to 180th day.

Oona aapthikam : 20-05-2017

We have given 341st day, it can be performed on any one day from 341st to 355th day.

General conditions are applicable for all the four oonams.

Sukla Dasami Dates (Masikam dates) of Dhunmuki year till the month of Panguni:

Sodhakumbam to be done on the previous day of every Masikam.

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
    please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
    Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
    Best Wishes and Best Regards,
    Dr.NVS

Comment

Thank you for a quick response. I just have two more query:

1) Could I do just the 27th Oonam and 45th Oonam now and do all the other Masikam/Sodhakhumbam together in 6th month and then on aapthikam dates?
      2) The 27th day oonam actually falls on Sunday 10th July and that is not my birth star dates also, nor it is Tuesday, Saturday or Friday. Why 10th July is not suggested for 27th oonam?

Thanks
      Ramachandran

Comment

Sri:
        You must do all the things as per shastra, you can not skip anything just like that without valid reasons.
        Valid reasons as per shastra are: 1) Inability of kartha due to ill-health and 2) Theetu
        Combining of Masikam is possible if a masikam was skipped due to the above valid reasons
        one should not plan for skipping it.

The 27th Oonam is a colloquial name and its actual name is 'Adhya Oonam' should be done after 27 days. So, it is not possible done on 27th day.

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
        please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
        Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
        Best Wishes and Best Regards,
        Dr.NVS

Comment

Working...
        X