Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whether ladies can do thirumanjanan for lakshmi idol at house

Adiyen SriHemalatha Dhasasyai Ezhuduvadhu

This website seems to be very useful for people like us. Actually I have a silver Lakshmi idol about 2 inches height sitting one bought from Bombay. I Do recite sristuthi and archanai daily with flowers. I use to keep santhanam and kungumam every friday. I do not do any thirumanjanam and all.

My doubts are

1. Whether ladies can do abhishekam? If so with what we can do like milk, sandhanam,etc...

2. Can we do it every day or fridays or on auspicious days only?

3. What specific prasadam for Lakshmi to be prepared on those days?

4. Whether we can keep such a big idol in our house?

5. With what material can we wash the idol - like seeyakai or pitambari powder or lemon etc... can we use coconut scrubber to wash the idol?

I would be happy if I am given the answer for the same. For the past 7 years I have the same. Daily I light a villaku with cow's ghee..

Thank you

Hema Hayavadanan

Re: whether ladies can do thirumanjanan for lakshmi idol at house

Originally posted by hema hayavadanan View Post
    Adiyen SriHemalatha Dhasasyai Ezhuduvadhu

This website seems to be very useful for people like us. Actually I have a silver Lakshmi idol about 2 inches height sitting one bought from Bombay. I Do recite sristuthi and archanai daily with flowers. I use to keep santhanam and kungumam every friday. I do not do any thirumanjanam and all.

My doubts are

1. Whether ladies can do abhishekam? If so with what we can do like milk, sandhanam,etc...

2. Can we do it every day or fridays or on auspicious days only?

3. What specific prasadam for Lakshmi to be prepared on those days?

4. Whether we can keep such a big idol in our house?

5. With what material can we wash the idol - like seeyakai or pitambari powder or lemon etc... can we use coconut scrubber to wash the idol?
    sri:
    Thanks for your compliments about the website.

I hope you have mistakenly mentioned as inches instead of feet because in your following conversation you mentioned as "such a big".

1. "... ladies can do abhishegam ...".
    The question is not ladies or gents, whoever studied the Agama Shastra and got the "Deekshai" from a qualified butter can do the abhishegam.
    2. The abhishegam should be done only for the idols which are done prathishatai as per agama rules.
    So, to maintaining the idols beauty and polish, you can do withe know and possible methods.
    3. Milk, paayasam, sarkarai pongal, honey content can be offered as prasadam for Sri Mahalaskhmi
    4. Big and small are depends up on the views, if you are able to get bhakthi only with such a huge idol then keep it. Getting bhakthi is important. The size and metal are not so important and the swaroopam is most important than the content.
    5. Do not use such seeyakai or any other hard material which will make hair line scratches on the idol. A soapy solution / spray is available in the market with which you can clean the idol gently.

Do pooja with all your know methods and bhakthi to your satisfaction god / goddess will definitely get satisfied.
    NVS

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
    please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
    Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
    Best Wishes and Best Regards,
    Dr.NVS

Comment

Re: whether ladies can do thirumanjanan for lakshmi idol at house

Thank you sir, for clarifying my doubts.

Comment

Working...
      X