Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SHRARDHAM

Dear Sir :

Today most of the people are spending more than six months to one year with their kids abroad. As a Kartha a person has to perform his rituals every year to his father, mother, grand father, adopted mother or father, etc. I have come across an article of Paramacharyal posted in Sage of Kanchi that Bharath Desam is the only place one has to perform annual Shrardham and other Pithru Karyam. If a person could not perform or even if he perform in overseas countries the Kartha has to do it again when he return to India.

I request you to explain in detail how to adopt the procedure for doing the shrarda karyam when a person return to India and when he has to do the shrardam.

Regards,
    VKSWAMY

Re: SHRARDHAM

Sri:
    There is no perfect / authenticate answer arrived for this discussion yet.
    Going abroad >>>
    Return to home land >>>
    Continuing as a brahmin to do rituals?!

If a solution given for doing the shradham after return from abroad
    it will be considered as going to abroad is accepted.

Try to plan the foreign visits before or after shradham dates.

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
    please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
    Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
    Best Wishes and Best Regards,
    Dr.NVS

Comment

Namaskaram

Looking for the details of Sastrigal at Port Blair for doing the Varushapdigam (first Death anniversary) and its related activities. My close family friend is shortly moving to Port Blair and want to collect the information in advance.Can someone help us in this regard

Regards
      Krishnamoorthi

Comment

I am also looking for a procedure to conduct aabdikam (death anniversary ceremony) for Iyer / Iyengar communities.

Someone please help.

Comment

Dear Dr.NVS Sir,
          These days hundreds of Brahmins who have gone abroad to places like the US,UK, Australia and Canada as well as other places become naturalized citizens of that country. Earlier there was a strict embargo on going abroad ,but now we find even Matadhipathis visit and conduct poojas,lectures ,inaugurate temples etc.
          This post mentions that the kaaryams are not recognized if done abroad. Is there no salvation for the sincere people who even there do perform their rituals since this country is based on reservations and killing deserving people.
          I think religious heads should clarify this problem that causes mental unease on people while reading it.
          Suggested for discussion and comments in this forum.
          I feel that since the Almighty is everywhere and in everything as well as in everyone, this looks unreasonable.
          My intention is only seek solution,
          Varadarajan

Comment

sri:
            Dear Sri. Varadarajan Sir,
            Thank you for addressing me.
            I respect your good intention too.
            I also will be happy if some way to be with ease in foreign places without these restriction.
            Though I am having thousands of my clients in foreign and inviting me wholeheartedly to come and stay there
            and resume the services for them.
            Also, I have my elder son is also in California and he is begging me to come at least once.
            But, what can I do, there is no provision in shastras either directly or indirectly to visit foreign places other than India.

I wonder people such as Matadhipathis also going and serving there, but they also quoting Sri Ramanuja
            "நான் ஒருவன் நரகம் புக்கிலும் பரவாயில்லை
            மற்றவர்க்கு நலம் விளைந்தால் அதுவே பாக்யம்”
            None is authentically referring that even there is some proper prayachittam for that.

There is no use of discussing this, because
            NONE AUTHENTICATED TO MODIFY SHASTRAS AT ANY CIRCUMSTANCES

I suggest,
            let us do whatever we think is good and let us pleasure fully accept the result.
            This is my opinion, but I will not criticize anybody in this regard.
            Dasan,
            NVS

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
            please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
            Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
            Best Wishes and Best Regards,
            Dr.NVS

Comment

Dear Dr.SIR,
              Thanks for immediate reply. I understand your dilemma about not going to America to be with your son with all these restrictions,which, as you say no one is empowered to change. As long as one feel that he is doing the apara kaaryams and rituals with full commitment and ardour, I thing our Lords will consider it favourably. Atleast ,one will be having the satisfaction of having done his best under the circumstances without shirking his duty.
              Varadarajan

Comment

Working...
              X