Experiences with Maha Periyava- The Astrologer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experiences with Maha Periyava- The Astrologer

An astrologer had come for Periyava's darshan. He said, "I have a very big family but very little income… The income I get out of practicing astrology is very less….I find it very difficult to survive".

Periyava asked, "Oh…..Are you living in the same ancestral house that your father was living in?"

"No….My elder brother is living in the same. I am living in another house that is on the western side of the ancestral house".

Periyava said "Do not stay there. In the ancestral house, on the eastern side, there is an old cow shed no? You put-up a hut and stay there. For generations your family has done Ambal pooja. Stay in the cow shed".

Periyava continued,"There is another thing you should bear in your mind. You are blaming (scolding) all the planets!.....In your (client's) horoscope Guru is Neechan, Sani is Paapi, Budhan is Vakram….You should not say these words. Guru is a big planet. He is Dakshinamurthy swaroopam. You should not tell him as Neechan, Papi, Vakram etc. Sani is the son of Suryan. He has got the title of Ishwaran. You are calling him Papi…… It is enough if you say "The planets are not in the right place". The Kaala palan is not good etc…. When people come to you for matching the horoscopes of boys and girls, instead of bluntly saying, "They do not match". You can say "The right period for vivaha for the girl is yet to come. The Putra Bhagyam for the boy is doubtful." There are many girls who are aged beyond 30, and not married yet. When such horoscopes come to you, you should answer them without saying anything negative to the extent possible".

"In matters pertaining to marriage, you should not give a lot of importance to horoscope matching. Matching of sect (kulam), Gothram and the minds (manasu) is enough. In olden days, horoscope matching did not have so much importance".

The astrologer with full satisfaction said 'Hereafter I will do only as advised by Periyava. He took the prasadam and left.
Working...
X