• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vegitable Rice

Vegitable Rice:

Things Required
    Cooked Rice – 1 medium size bowl
    Half cooked mixed vegetable – 1 cup (Carrot, Green Peas and Beans)
    Capsicum cut into small pieces – 1/2 cup
    Onion – 1 No chopped finely
    Green chilli – 4 Nos chopped finely
    Bengal gram dhal – 1 teaspoon
    Turmeric powder – a pinch
    Oil – 4 or 5 teaspoons
    Mustard – Half teaspoon
    Cinnamon Stick – a small piece
    Cloves – 2
    Cashew nut – 1 tablespoon
    Curry leaves – few
    Salt – 1 teaspoon or as per taste

Method & Tips
    In a kadai put the oil and when it is hot add cinnamon stick, cloves and mustard. When it pops up, add Bengal gram dhal and fry till it turns light brown. Add cashew nuts, chillies and curry leaves and fry for a while. Then add onion and fry till it become transparent. Now add capsicum pieces and fry for two/three minutes on low flame. Add cooked vegetables, turmeric powder and salt. Mix well. Add cooked rice to this and mix gently.

Tips:

You can prepare this with left over rice also. Vegetables can be cooked in microwave. Cut the vegetables into small pieces, sprinkle a handful of water and microwave it for one to two seconds. Capsicum need not be cooked.

You can also make this rice in microwave oven itself. First cook the vegetables in microwave as above. In another microwave proof vessel, put the oil (you can also use butter instead of oil) and add mustard, cinnamon, cloves and microwave it for half minute. Then add chopped onion and microwave it for few more seconds. Take out the vessel and add all the others ingredients including cooked rice and mix well. Microwave it for one to two seconds or according to your microwave power setting.

When you are doing it in a microwave, you can omit mustard, because sometimes if the mustard is over fried, it will give bitter taste.

Re: Vegitable Rice

Dear Sriman N V S,
    The site is getting modernized day by day with new items and make one totally absorbed.
    Now I want to post one question to all our members.Can anyone tell me if there is any reference to SIRIYA THIRUVADI in the Four Thousand Holy Hymns of Alwars as I am unable to trace evn a singe reference to Anjaneyar.
    Regards
    T K PARTHASARATHY

Comment

Sri:
      Thank you Swamin,
      I try to find out the reference about Sirya Thiruvadi in 4000
      I have not have any thought about it earlier, so, hereafter I try to keep watching to find references on the way
      of searching for other things.
      dasan,
      nvs

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
      please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
      Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
      Best Wishes and Best Regards,
      Dr.NVS

Comment

Originally posted by tkpsarathy View Post
        Dear Sriman N V S,
        The site is getting modernized day by day with new items and make one totally absorbed.
        Now I want to post one question to all our members.Can anyone tell me if there is any reference to SIRIYA THIRUVADI in the Four Thousand Holy Hymns of Alwars as I am unable to trace evn a singe reference to Anjaneyar.
        Regards
        T K PARTHASARATHY
        Dear TKP Swamin,
        Here is the reference about "Siriya Thiruvadi" in 4000.
        வார் ஆரும் முலை மடவாள் வைதேவி தனைக் கண்டு
        சீர் ஆரும் திறல் அனுமன் தெரிந்து உரைத்த அடையாளம்
        பார் ஆரும் புகழ்ப் புதுவைப் பட்டர்பிரான் பாடல் வல்லார்
        ஏர் ஆரும் வைகுந்தத்து இமையவரோடு இருப்பாரே
        I have posted the complete 10 pasureams under "Anmikam - Bhakthi" title.
        Below is the link:
        http://www.brahminsnet.com/forums/sh...=2667#post2667
        nvs

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
        please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
        Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
        Best Wishes and Best Regards,
        Dr.NVS

Comment

Dear Shri N V S Swamin

Excellent reply and good research

Comment

Excellent Mama So nice of you.
            என்னுடைய சமையல் குறிப்புகளடங்கிய அண்ட்ராய்ட் அப்ளிகேஷன்!

http://eegarai.org/apps/Kitchen4All.apk

http://www.brahminsnet.com/apps/Kitchen4All.apk

Dont work hard, work smart

Comment

One doubt Lakshmi, in your recipe you added onion , here in the forum NVS Mama gave one line like this na?

Forum: சமையல்-Recipes

Post All Vegetarian Recipes with a note how to prepare with & without onion & masala! அனைத்துவித சைவ உணவு செய்முறைகள், வெங்காயம், மசாலா சேர்த்து-சேர்க்காமல் செய்ய குறிப்புடன்.

Please dont mistake me
              என்னுடைய சமையல் குறிப்புகளடங்கிய அண்ட்ராய்ட் அப்ளிகேஷன்!

http://eegarai.org/apps/Kitchen4All.apk

http://www.brahminsnet.com/apps/Kitchen4All.apk

Dont work hard, work smart

Comment

Working...
              X