Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thilatharpanapuri Adhi Vinayagar Temple

Dear All:

I want to get the contact details of this hotels and would also like to know how I can reach this place from Trichy and perform Tharpanam there if possible. A quick response would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

With warm regards
    S Ramanathan

Re: Thilatharpanapuri Adhi Vinayagar Temple

Thilatharpanapuri Adhi Vinayakar Temple is around 2.6Km from Koothanoor wheere the famous Saraswathi temple exists. Vinayagar Temple is approx 35 Kms from Kumbakonam. No proper hotels nearby except for Sankar Mutt chatram in Koothanoor. Best will be to stay in Kumbakonam where lodgings are better,like the Iyengar,s guest house which has a/c suites at Rs1000/. Or many other hotels are there like the Venkatramana which has restaurant too.
    Details of temple may be accessed by logging onto the site below which has the contact number of the Sivachariyar of the temple. It is from a search in the web.

http://templesoftamilnadu.co.in/thil...ayakar-temple/
    Hope you will find it of some use.
    with best wishes,
    Varadarajan
    Last edited by R.Varadarajan; 29-09-16, 05:14.

Comment

Thank you Mr. Varadarajan - Thanks for your email and the answers. I had already seen that link. Unfortunately, the information is incorrect as all the telephone numbers mentioned at the site are not correct. After seeing through the link, I posted this question as someone local may be able to help me better. But all the same, I must thank you very much for taking time off to research on behalf of me.

With warm regards
      S Ramanathan

Comment

Don,t mention,Ramanathan. In March end I happened to go to Kumbakonam where I stayed in the Ayyangar<s Guest House where three can stay with a/c. As I am from Hyderabad I had booked over phone and it was comfortable. But food you have to go outside or order and the room boy will get. They were quite courteous.
        I had been to Koothanoor, Adhi Vinayagar temple, Thirupamburam,etc. I was then not aware of the name Thilatharpanapuri.
        Hope you are able to perform the tharpanam there.
        with best wishes,
        varadarajan

Comment

Sri:
          Still, Kumbakonam is a best place for brahmins to stay.
          One can go there without any previous bookings.
          There are lot of good hotels and messes are there to eat and stay.
          Also, many mutts ashrams are having rooms for yatris.
          Let me give latest contact details shortly by asking my brother in law who is residing there now.
          Also in the mean while anybody wants any urgent contact can contact me through my email Id drnvs@outlook.com
          to get the contact number of my BIL .

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
          please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
          Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
          Best Wishes and Best Regards,
          Dr.NVS

Comment

Thanks for the message - I prefer to stay at Trichy as I am familiar about the town and enables me to visit the temples near by. I graduated from NIT Trichy and hence would visit the campus.

I know that Poonthottam is almost 160 KMs from Trichy and hence wanted to know if I need to register and get the stuff organized at the temple for performing the tharpanam.

Thanks for your help.

With warm regards
            S Ramanathan

Comment

Working...
            X