X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tharpanam DOUBTS

Swamin

மாலய பக்ஷ அமாவாசை தர்ப்பணம் வெளியூர் செல்லும்போதும் அல்லது
    தவிர்க்க முடியாத காரணங்கள் கொண்டு பண்ண முடியாவிட்டால் அதற்க்கு என்னபிராயசித்தம் என்று தயவு செய்து தெரிவிக்கவும். அது பெரிய பாபம் என்று தெரியும்.

வெள்ளி,ஞாயிறு, செவ்வாய் நாட்களில் எள்ளினால் தர்ப்பணம் செய்யகூடாதா
    எள்ளுடன் அக்ஷதையை சேர்த்துக்கொண்டு செய்ய வேண்டுமா.

அமாவாசை தர்ப்பணம் குதப காலத்தில் செய்ய வேண்டுமா?அதாவது காலை சுமார்
    11.30 மணிக்கு மேல் அல்லது காந்தர்வ காலத்தில் அதாவது காலை சுமார் 10.45 மணிக்கு மேல் செய்ய வேண்டுமா.

தயவு செய்து கண்டிப்பாக மேலே உள்ள சந்தேகங்களுக்கு ஸ்வாமின் உங்கள் பதில்களை தருமாறு பணிவுடன் கேட்டுக்கொள்கிறேன்.
    தாசன்
    ராமபத்ரன்

Re: Tharpanam DOUBTS

ஶ்ரீ:
    டியர் ஸ்வாமின்,
    மஹாளய பக்ஷம் 15 நாட்கள்,
    15 நாட்களுமா ஒருவர் வெளியூர் செல்வார்?
    அப்படி 15 நாளும் வெளியூரில் இருக்கவேண்டியவர், அந்த வெளியூரிலேயே
    எப்படிச் செய்ய முடியுமோ அப்படிச் செய்யலாம்.
    மஹாளய பக்ஷம் வெறும் தர்பணம் பண்ணினாலே போறுமே?!
    அதை எங்கிருந்தாலும் பண்ணலாமே?
    இதற்கு எதற்கு எக்ஸம்ப்ஷண், பரிஹாரம் எல்லாம்?

மஹாளயம் போன்ற சில தர்பணங்கள் வேறு நாட்களில் செய்ய அவகாசம் உள்ளவை
    அவற்றை செவ்வாய், வெள்ளி, சனிக் கிழமைகளில் (ஞாயிறு அல்ல)
    செய்யாமல் தவிர்க்கலாம் என்றும், வேறு வழியில்லாவிட்டால்,
    குறிப்பிட்ட காலத்தின் கடைசீ நாள் எந்தக் கிழமையாக இருந்தாலும் பண்ணலாம் என்றும்
    சாஸ்திரம் உள்ளது.
    ஆனால் அக்ஷதை சேர்த்துக்கொண்டு பண்ணுவது பரிஹாரம் என்று குறிப்பிடப்படவில்லை
    ஆனால் சிலர் அவ்வாறு செய்வதைப் பார்த்திருக்கிறேன்.

பித்ருக்களுக்கான காலம் குதப காலம் என்பதால்
    எந்தப் பித்ரு காரியத்தையும் குதப காலத்தில்
    அதாவது கு என்றால் பூமி, தப என்றால் தபிப்பது அதவாது மிகுந்த வெப்பமாக இருப்பது
    அப்படிப்பட்ட காலம் உச்சிப்பொழுதைக் கடக்கும் காலம், பித்ருக்களுக்கு ஏற்றது.

முடிந்தவர்கள், தங்கள் - தங்கள் கால சூழல், வயது, உடல்நிலை, உடன் உள்ள மற்றவர்களின்
    ஒத்துழைப்பு போன்ற பலவற்றைக் கருத்தில்கொண்டு குதப காலத்திற்கு சற்றேரக்குறைய
    காலத்தில் பண்ணலாம்.

குறிப்பு:- கண்டிப்பாக பதில் எழுதவேண்டுமா?
    பதிலில் கண்டிப்பு வேண்டுமா என்பது குழப்பமாக இருந்ததால்
    கண்டிப்பாக என்ற வார்த்தையை மூன்று முறை உபயோகித்துள்ளேன்.
    தேவையான இடத்தில் தேவையான பொருளில் உபயோகித்துக்கொள்ளவும்.
    தாஸன்
    என்.வி.எஸ்

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
    please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
    Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
    Best Wishes and Best Regards,
    Dr.NVS

Comment

MAHALAYAM. YAJUR VEDAM AAPASTHAMBA SOOTHRAM IYERS.

The fortnight (krishna patcham) From the first day after full moon in the month of bhaadhrapadam is known as the Mahalaya paksham,.Every day during this fortnight , rites to please the fore fathers (pithrus). should be performed.Those who are not able to do so can perform the same on the day of bharani star, vyadheepadam, astami, dwadasi, or atleast on one day. If it is not possible to do the same in this fortnight, they may be performed on any day, before the first day of the month of karthigai.

If they are not performed, the curse of pithrus may follow.Those who have lost their father will perform tharpanam on the day (thithi) coinciding with the day of the death of father. (This hirnaya sratham could also be done till the fifith day after mahalaya amavasai depending on circumstances. Those whose mothers are alive will perform hiranya sratham with four vedic priest. If both parents are not alive, it wil be performed with 5 sastrigals/ vedic priest.Atleast 2 sartrigals minimum is required.

This shradham can be performed in two ways, one by offering dakshinai(cash)/fees,only to the sastrigals and in addition , by feeding them as well. For this, the ingredients should be fried and ground,afresh as for "samaradhanai" and items prepared with payasam, vadai, some sweets etc, and served.. Those who performs this sratham will take only light tiffin during that night. for persons doing daily tharpanam for 16 days daily tiffin at night, and same tiffin only for his wife also.

If it is not done on the thithi of the death of father/ mother it can be done on madhyashtami, maha bharani, gajachaya, maha vyatheepadham days, provided the birth star of the kartha, his wife's his son's is not there on that day. Pithrus are expecting upto deepavali amavasai for food by doing mahalaya paksha sratham.

Mahalaya/hiranya sratham must be done only from chathruthy onwards. If the mother's/ father"s sratham comes during this mahalaya paksham you must do mahalaya paksha hiranyan sratham only after this father"s/ mother"s anuual ceremony sratham. For sanyasis sratham must be done during mahalaya paksham only on dwadasi day. On all other days during this paksham you should not do for sanyasis. You can do for others on dwadasi day.

For persons who met their unnatural death ( accidents, poison drinking, suicide, snake biting, fire, drowning, etc.) mahalaya / hiranya sratham must be done only on (14th)chathurdasi day. for others you shuold not do on chathurdasi day.and also for these unnatural death persons you should not do on other days.

Those who are doing paksha mahalayam tharpanam ( for 16 days daily) on amavasai day they must do first amavasai tharpanam and then do mahalaya tharpanam.. Even though there is general rule that one should not do two tharpanams a day, this is exemption, because they have to do for karunya pithrukkal tharpanam on that day as they are doing 16 days daily tharpanam. Widowers can do tharpanam for their wife in these mahalaya tharpanam. for 16 days, they will get some mental satisfaction .

It is not compulsary that once you have started doing 16 days nithya tharpanam this year , you must do every year like this. You can do tharpanam on some specific days also like maha BHARANI, MADHYASTAMI, VYATHEEPADHAM, . Now you have to do sankalpam like this: ""aashaadyadhi panchamaa para paksha prayuktha punyah kaalae mahalaya sraadhae mahabarani punyah kaalae/madhyashtami punyah kaalae/ vyatheepadha punyahkaalae/ thila tharpanam karishyae.

Persons who are doing only one day in this paksham must say ""sakruth mahalaya sraatham"" during sankalpam. those who are doing for 15/16 days sankalpam must be like this : ubhaya vamsa pithroonaam, pithruvya maathulaatheenaam, sarvesham kaarunya pithronaam cha akshaya thrupthiyartham, kanyaagathey savithari aashaadyadhi pancha maa para paksha punyah kaalae paksha mahalayae prathama dhina/2/3/4/etc; thila tharpanam karishyae.

Persons who are doing daily for 16 days tharpanam must, on any one day feed at least 2 sastrigals after duly done aavaahanam on them.with samaradhanai samayal.

Due to unforeseen circumstances if you are not able to do anna sratham for this year you can do mahalaya sratham with hiranya roopam (AAvaahanam and dhakshinai only). From next year you can do anna mahalaya sratham.

Kindly add some few raw rice along with black ellu on the following days: sunday, tuesday, friday, sapthami, ashtami, sukla paksha thrayodasi, on your birth star day, and at night, on sandhya kaalam ( during solar/lunar eclipse). and after doing naandhi sratham ( marriage/ poonal Times) for six months from marriage/ poonal days you should use rice and ellu for tharpanam, and use only arugan grass instead of dharbhai for koorcham, pavithram, and kattai pillu.

Pour 2 litres of water for amavasai tharpanam and for mahalaya paksha tharpanam use/pour 4 litres of water. Rishis were kind enough to give time for tharpanam from 8-30 a.m. to 1 p.m.in kali yuga as we have to go to work for earning purposes.

In mahalaya tharpana vidhi thread i have given details. Feel free to ask for doubts. Retired persons can do daily tharpanam. For office goers they can do at 8-30 a.m.

The shadow of suryan is falling on suryan from 10-30 to 1 p.m.. so the heat of sun will be less at this time for sun which enables him to observe others performances and to give his blessings. You know how much far away we are here from sun and his heat on april may months.

Nirnaya sindhu, shanthy kusumakaram, shanthy rathnaagaram books etc; are also giving these informations.After going thru these and other books, Srivatsa soma deva sarma, Mayuram ramanatha deekshathar and other scholors are writing these in thier books. I am only copying those informations here. Each rishi will give their opinion at their time they are writing. and so from each rishi, the timings is also changing which you will found here.

Comment

ஸ்வாமின்i
        தாங்கள் பதிலுக்கு மிக்க நன்றி.
        என்னுடைய சம்பந்தி October 14 தேதி அன்று விடிய காலை அமெரிக்காவிலிருந்து இந்தியாவுக்கு
        சென்று கொண்டு இருப்பதால் மஹாலய அமாவாசை செய்ய முடியாதே என்று வருத்தப்பட்டார்
        அவருடைய டிக்கட்டையும் மாற்ற முடியாது. என்ன செய்வது என்று என்னை கேட்டார். நான்தான்
        உங்களை கேட்டு தெரிவிக்கிறேன் என்று சொன்னேன்.நான் கண்டிப்பாக என்று குறிப்பிட்டது அவசியம்
        என்று அர்த்தமாகும். நாம் அடிக்கடி உபயோகிக்கும் வார்த்தை கண்டிப்பாக என்பது. கண்டிப்பாக வரவும்
        கண்டிப்பாக பதில் போடவும்.என்று நாம் சொல்வது வழக்கத்தில் இருக்கிறது. மற்றபடி அதிகார தோரணையில் இந்த வார்த்தையை உபயோகிக்கவில்லை. . கண்டிப்பு
        என்றால் சில சந்தர்பங்களில் ஸ்ட்ரிக்ட் என்று பொருள் உண்டு. நீங்கள் ஒருவேளை என் சந்தேகங்களுக்கு விளக்கம் தருவீர்களோ இல்லையோ என்ற ஐயம் எழுந்தது அதனால் தான்
        கண்டிப்பாக அதாவது அவசியம் என்று பொருளுடன் எழுதி இருந்தேன்.
        .என்னைப்போல் ஆயிரம் ஆயிரம் பேர்களுக்கு
        தாங்கள் பதில்கள் சொல்ல வேண்டிய நிலைமை இருக்கிறது . அதோடு தங்களுக்கு தினசரி பகவத்
        கைங்கர்யங்கள் ,வைதீக கார்யங்களுக்கே அவகாசம் போராது
        நான் ஏதாவது உங்கள் மனதை புண்படுத்துமாறு கேட்டு இருந்தால் என்னை மன்னித்து விடுங்கள்.
        எனக்கு ஏதாவது சந்தேகங்கள் இருந்தால் தங்களை தவிர வேறு யாரையும் நான் அனுகுவதில்லை

அடியேன் தாசன்
        ராமபத்ரன்

\

அடியேன் தாசன்
        ராமபத்ரன்

Comment

Dear Gopalan Sir
          Many thanks for your comprehensive write up on Mahalayam which is very helpful. If it is a practical impossibility for a person
          to perform Mahalaya amavasai on October 14 by because he would be airborne on that day from early
          morning until the next day morning, what he should do. If he cancels the ticket it would result in his losing a sizeable amount
          and he cannot get booking for another two to three weeks. One may ask why he chose October 14 when he knew that
          mahalaya amavasai falls on that day ; it was not he who fixed October 14,tickets were not available earlier or later dates
          at the rates asked for. I know that if one fails to do Pithru tharpanam he would incur the curses of the pithrus but what
          I have narrated is a perplexing situation.

PC RAMABADRAN

Comment

ஶ்ரீ:
            ஸ்வாமின்,
            க்ஷமிக்கணும்.
            முதலில் தங்கள் கேள்வியை அடியேன் சரியகாப் புரிந்துகொள்ளவில்லை,
            காரணம், மஹாளய பக்ஷம் என்ற வார்த்தை.
            அமாவாசை எல்லாமே ஒரே தரமானது,
            அது மஹாளயபக்ஷ அமாவாசையோ, மற்றதோ எதுவாயினும்
            தவிரக்க முடியாததே.
            அமாவாசை தர்பணத்தை விட்டதற்கு, ச்ராத்தத்தை விட்டதற்கெல்லாம்
            ப்ராயச்சித்தம் எங்கும் பார்த்த ஞாபகம் இல்லை.
            விட்டால் விட்டதுதான்.
            ப்ளைட் வழியில் எங்காவது சிறிது நேரம் நிற்குமானால்,
            ஏதாவது ஒரு செடியின் அருகில் சென்று மந்திரத்தைச் சொல்லி எள்ளும் நீரும் விடச்சொல்லும்.
            அன்றைய மாலை சூரிய அஸ்தமனம் வரை இதைச் செய்யலாம்,
            ஆனால் அதுவரை எதுவும் சாப்பிடக்கூடாது.

மற்றபடி,
            அடியேன் ஹாஸ்யமாக எழுதியிருந்தேன் 'கண்டிப்பாக' என்ற வார்த்தையை வைத்து.
            தவறாக அடியேன் எதுவும் எடுத்துக்கொள்ளவில்லை
            தேவரீரும் தவறாக எதுவும் எடுத்துக்கொள்ளவேண்டாம்.

அடியேன் பதில் சொல்ல வேண்டிய ஆயிரம் பேரில் தேவரீருக்கு
            எப்போதும் சிறப்பான (முதல்) இடம் உண்டு.
            அதனால், ஆயிரம்பேரில் யாரையும் அலட்சியப்படுத்த மாட்டேன்.
            எவ்வளவு நேரம் ஆனாலும்,
            கேள்வி தொடுத்தவர் யார் என்று பாராமல்,
            என்னை நோக்கி வீசப்பட்ட அனைத்து கேள்விகளுக்கும்,
            பதிலை அளித்துவிட்டுத்தான் உறங்கச் செல்வேன்.

என்னாலும் உடனடியாக சில கேள்விகளுக்கு பதில் சொல்ல முடியாத தருணம் வரும்போதும்,
            வேறு யார் வேண்டுமானாலும் அதற்கு பதில் கூற இயலும் என்றபோதும்,
            நேரிடையாக என்னை நோக்கி எழுதப்படாத விஷயங்களுக்கு சில சமயம்
            பதில் எழுதாமல் விட வாய்ப்பிருக்கிறது.
            நன்றி,
            தாஸன்

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
            please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
            Dr.NVS

Comment

Respected Swamins,
              Though it is advised that Mahalaya tharpanam is to be avoided on Tuesday, Friday and Saturday, and on the day of the janma nakshatram of self, son or wife, I understand that if on these days, gajachayai or maha bharani falls, then there is no such restrictions. Kindly correct me if I am wrong.
              Adiyen
              Srivilliputtur Govindakrishnan Alagar

Comment

Sir, Your reply is very useful and at the same time very humorous after reading the last paragraph i could not control my laugh it was really educating and entertaining tks

Comment

Originally posted by soundararajan50@gmai View Post
                  Sir, Your reply is very useful and at the same time very humorous after reading the last paragraph i could not control my laugh it was really educating and entertaining tks
                  ஶ்ரீ:
                  நன்றி!
                  ஹாஸ்யம் அவசியம் வேண்டும்.
                  ஏனென்றால் இங்கு விவாதிக்கப்படும் அனைத்தும் மிகவும் டிரை சப்ஜெக்ட்ஸ்.
                  ஒரு உபன்யாஸத்தில் கேட்டது:
                  "சரீரம் சம்பந்தமான அனைத்து விஷயங்களும் நல்ல சுவை உள்ளதாக இருக்கும்,
                  ஆன்மா சம்பந்தமான விஷயங்கள் வரட்டுத்தனமாகத்தான் இருக்கும்" என்று.

Dr.NVS

Comment

Swamin, you have mentioned that yajur vedam aabbasthamba soothram Iyers ​ does it differ for Iyengars? further my mother's srardha thithi is ashtami my mother's birth star is aarudra my son's birth star is punarvasu can i perform mahalaya tarpanam on coming monday Madhyashtami day if so when i have to perform before punarvasu starts? please advice
                    Last edited by soundararajan50; 06-10-12, 17:30. Reason: to avoid another thread cretion

Comment

swamin, you have mentioned that yajur vedam aabbasthamba soothram Iyers does it differ for Iyengars and another point is on Madyashtami day My son's birth star punarvasu comes in that case Am i permitted to do Mahalaya tharpanam before punarvasu star starts?

Comment

If you are doing daily tharpanam for 16 days you can do tharpanam at your convenince. If you are goingt to do sakrit mahalayam only one day that is on madhyaasami you should not do on this day. If your father's/mother's ceremony thithi is madhyastami then you can do sakrit mahalayam on madhyashtami day. If it is not your father's thithi you have to see birth star of your family to do sakrit mahalayam.

Along with black elluu you have to add some raw rice for tharpanam on your birth star day and on fridays. all other days you have to do tharpanam only with black ellu.

Comment

Originally posted by Govindakrishnan Alagar View Post
                          Respected Swamins,
                          Though it is advised that Mahalaya tharpanam is to be avoided on Tuesday, Friday and Saturday, and on the day of the janma nakshatram of self, son or wife, I understand that if on these days, gajachayai or maha bharani falls, then there is no such restrictions. Kindly correct me if I am wrong.
                          Adiyen
                          Srivilliputtur Govindakrishnan Alagar
                          you are wrong: Mahalaya tharpanam should not be avoided. If you are going to do sakrit mahalayam that is only one day in mahalaya paksham you may do on your father's thithi day. Due to unavoidable circumstanses if you are not able to do on your father's thithi , you have to do on another thithi, for which you have to see whether your, your wife's and your son's birth star is not there on that day. you can do on other days.

Comment

Dear Swamin,
                            There is no different shastram for Iyer, Iyengar, Madhva etc. etc.
                            There are many differences in Sampradayam and there is no little difference in Shastram.
                            Sampradayam is developed to keep the shastram safe and convenient.
                            So, all sutrams are common for all brahmins belong to that sutram.

Doing mahalayam on a selected day, you need not check for any starting or ending of thithi or star
                            you just do it in the afternoon and tell the star and thithi at that time in your sankalpam.

Dr.NVS

Comment

Dear Sir, Thank you very much for the detailed reply from your reply i understand that eventhough my mother's thithi (ashtami) falls on tomorrow (Madhyashtami) since tomorrow's star (after 8am) punarvsu happens to be my son's birth star I am not repe not allowed to do sakrit mahalayam. Well my father's thithi is Amavasya can i do sakrit mahalayam as well as Amavasya tharpanam both on tha same day?

Comment

Working...
                              X