X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sri Vithaldasji Maharaj - Radharani stories

Courtesy: http://www.sriradha.org/raseswari/ra..._radha_14.html
    Sri Vithaldasji Maharaj

Vithal Dasji was an inner devotee of Harivamsa Prabhu. He dedicated his life at his Guru's Lotus Feet One day when he was immersed in the service of his beloved Guru at Vrindavan two soldiers sent by Delhi Emperor had arrived there. They enquired about Vithalji and handed over a 'Farman' (King's order) to him. Soon Vithan Dasji realised that the Padstha appointed him as Chief Minister of Junagadh - a small kingdom ridden with internal disturbances. Peusing the order Vithalji dwelled in deep sorrow. He prayed at the Feet of Guru, "Prabho ! What I have to do with these honours and postings ? Why should I be drowned in Maya ? In your presence at a time when I immersed in Rasika Bhakthi, why such difficulty should befall on me'. Lamenting this way Vithalji wept for a long time. Harivamsaji said, looking at Vithalji affectionately, 'My dear, Do not have such feelings. Believe that this is a happy tidings for you. Radhaji is expanding her play. Not only the king of Junagadh but his entire people are about to become the devotees of Sriji. Gradually you will understand everything. Leave for Junagadh without any hesitation. Sarweswari will not leave you a single moment. Wherever you live that place will become Vrindavan. Shyama Shaym play there. Discharge your duties, while meditating them incessantly. This is your Dharma". Vithalji gladly agreed to leave for Jungadh. He prayed further, Gurudev, "How I can live without watching your Holy Form and without taking your Prasad". Hithaji then gave him, his portrait and told him that he would send Radhaji's Prasad and his Prasad to Junagadh every day.

Vithalji immediately gave his consent to the appintment and sent a reply to the Padsha. Vithalji's administrative capability was well known. But in Junagadh due to the Hladini Shakthi of Radhaji his abilities and intelligence enhanced many fold. Within a short span of time all the internal rivalries and disturbances were calmed down. All disputes were settled. Soon Vithalji emerged as the most ideal and loving personality in the minds of king and the public as well. Everyone used to meet him for his valuable advice on different issues. The king showered encomiums on Vithalji's capabilities.

Watching the prominence and prestige earned by Vithalji in a short span of time the Cheif Justice of the Kingdom grew jealous. Overtaken by this feeling he authored a conspiracy to defame and oust Vithalji from the court of the King. He incited an uprising among a section of the people. "The Cheif Minsiter is a traitor. He doesn't deserve to stay any longer in the country. Maharaj should conduct an enquiry forth-with," stating these words the chief Justice submitted a charge sheet against Vithalji to the king.

Astonished king questioned the Chief Justice what was the offence committed by the dutiful and benevolent Vithalji ?

"Maharaj, Vithal Das so far did not visit our Diety the Supreme Lord Four Armed Dwarakadheeshji. He frequently says that Guru is God. Contrary to Shastras he eats the tasted food and he brings in this food from 'Vraj' everyday. His behaviour is evoking faithlessness upon Dwarakadheeshiji. On account of above misdeeds a committee of representatives arrived from Dwaraka sought the king's intervention to punish the degraded Chief Minister" said the Chief Justice.

To enquire the charges framed against Vithal Dasji the king of Junagadh summoned him to the court very next day. To witness this sensational enquiry large number of people turned out to the court. Addressing Vithalji who worn a loin cloth upto the knee, the king said" Vithal Das, now you are not a Chief Minister, but an accused. Therefore you are not given the superior chair placed beside me". Vithalji stood at the assigned place in the court. The charges framed against were read out loudly before him. "Not visiting the Dwarakadheesh temple was charged as breach of law of the country.

Breaking the silence prevailed in the court Vithalji said, the breach of law charged against me does not pertain to adminsitration of the Land. Every person has a natural right to worship the Diety of his preference and faith. Then how my action can be a violation of law of the country. My Diety is Dual Armed Krishna. All the Vedas are delcaring with one voice that there is no "Diety equal to Sri Radhakrishna Yugal Swaroop. Dwibhuja Krishan (dural armed) is the Lord of Vrindavan. The body of that Rasika Bhaktha (Devotee) who dedicated himself to this Supreme Diety will be tranformed into a transcendental illuminious Divine Form of Ras Vrindavan."

The king in the meantime intervened and said authoritatively. "Let the Vedas and your statement be at their place. Can you show all these people assembled here the actual, visible Vrindavan Dham right in your body, as you said just now. Otherwise punishment is inevitable", ordered the King.

A few moments later, extending his hands upwards, Vithaldasji prayed Sri Radhaji," Jai Radha Rani, Jai Jai Radha Maha Rani, reveal the Truth, Amma. Please show these ignorants the Nithya Vrindavana Dham", and Vithalji closed his eyes and stood in meditation.

Sheer Astonishment ! Vithalji was not visible. The Divine Dham Vrindavan, radiating Divine Light all around appeared in place of Vithal Dasji. Sweet soul - stirring music of angels was heard from one side and sweet musical warbles of birds and gentle rhythmical sounds of flowing waters of the Yamuna were heard on the othserside. A sweet Sankirthan (recitation) of Radha Nam enveloped entire court. Minutes later an enthralling music emanated from Radhaji's Flute was heard. These multiple sounds of Ras Leela enlivened the body, mind and souls of one and all present there. After sometime amidst beautiful flowery bower of Vrindavan 'Sri Hithaharivamajsi' accompanied by 'Sakhis' was appeared offering Harathi to Sri Radhaji.
Working...
X