Narayaneeyam Dasakam: 65 -- Gopikas come to Krishna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Narayaneeyam Dasakam: 65 -- Gopikas come to Krishna

This and the next five chapter’s deals with this play of love called Rasaleela.
    As promised Lord Krishna gets prepared for a play of love with the Gopisin the banks of Yamuna by the cool autumn moon light, the moon appeared on the horizon. He played on His flute as sweetly as to enchant the Gopis and to steal their hearts. In the resounding sound of Thy flute the seven ascending and descending notes emerged in a musical strain and enchanted everything in the world space. Hearing which the damsels attained an unparalleled and uncomparable captivating state of their mind.

Hearing that sweet music which kindles the fire of divine love and intensifies the desire to meet God, the Gopis with their hearts captivated by Lord Krishna, unperceived by one another in their attempts to meet Him, hastened to the place where their beloved Lord was, with their ear-rings rocking to and fro.

Some left their houses while milking the cow. Some did not wait to see the boiling of milk. Some did not take down boiled wheat from the oven. Some were serving food. Some had been suckling their babes, some had been serving their husbands, some had been taking their meals, some had been cleansing their bodies, some had been painting their eyes with collyrium. But they all left their work half-finished. They hurriedly went to Krishna with their garments and ornaments all in disorder in consequence of their great hurry.

When the Gopis drew near, Krishna addressed them thus: "O Blessed ones! What good can I do for you? O Gopis! You may bear love to Me in other ways such as hearing My virtues and deeds, by seeing My form and meditating on Me and by singing My glories than by living near Me. Therefore please return to your homes."
    The Gopis said: "O Almighty Lord! It is not fit for Thee to utter these unkind words. We have abandoned everything and sought Thy feet alone. Do not abandon us. Accept us Thy devout servants, just as Lord Narayana accepts His devotees They were prohibited and obstructed by their husbands, parents, brothers and other relatives. But they were going as if in a trance. Their hearts had been completely charmed by Govinda. They did not turn back to their home.
Working...
X