Kuzhi Tharpana Mantras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kuzhi Tharpana Mantras

My brother passed away on 12th March'17 and the tenth day falls on 21st March'17.
    I am in Sydney,Australia.
    I have to perform Kuzhi Tharpanam.
    where can I get the Kuzhi Tharpana Mantras from this web site so that I can perform the rituals?
    please guide and help.
    regards.

Re: Kuzhi Tharpana Mantras

Sri:
    The Kuzhi Tarpanam file is given as an attachment
    Please download and use
    sorry for the delay to respond.

Kuzhi-tarpanam.pdf
    nvs

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
    please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
    Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
    Best Wishes and Best Regards,
    Dr.NVS

Comment

is there a different mantram for Iyers and Iyengars? Is there a cloth to be used for doing tharpanam?

Comment

ஸ்ரீ:
        அனைத்து மந்திரங்களும் ஒன்றுதான்
        கீழுள்ள விஷயங்களை மட்டும் மாற்றிக்கொள்ளவும்.

1. வைணவர்கள் திருமண் இட்டுக்கொள்வார்கள்,
        ஐயர் எதுவும் இ்ட்டுக்கொள்ளத் தேவையில்லை.

2. ஸங்கல்பத்தில் ”ஸ்ரீபகவதாஜ்ஞயா ஸ்ரீமந்நாராயண ப்ரீத்யர்த்தம்”
        என்பதற்கு பதிலாக ”மமோபாத்த ஸமஸ்த துரித க்ஷயத்வாரா ஸ்ரீ பரமேஸ்வர ப்ரீத்யர்தம்”
        என்று சொல்லிக்கொள்ளவும்

வேறு எந்த மாற்றமும் தேவையில்லை.

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
        please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
        Dr.NVS

Comment

Swami: Adiyen has some questions:

Background: Adiyen's Periyamma (Father's elder brother's wife) passed away on Aug 17th. When adiyen contacted devarir, devarir suggested adiyen to perform this tharpanam on 11th day.

The instruction says : 10 days pangaligal have to do this tharpanam (1st sentence). Also, there is reference within for First day three times, second day four times, etc, all the way to 10th day 12 times. Also there is reference to replace prathama with dvitiya, tritiya etc. All this point to the fact that this tharpanam may be performed for 10 days.

Question: Should I perform for 10 days or only 11th day?
          IS THERE A VERSION OF THIS PDF FOR 11TH DAY?

Second Question: Adiyen has theettu for 10 days. During the Theettu period of 10 days, may I wear thiruman kappu including srichoornam or is srichoornam disallowed for entire period of 10 days? Adiyen understand that on 11th day when performing kuzhi tharpanam only thiruman without srichoornam to be worn.

Dhanyosmi.
          Adiyen Ramanuja Dasan Sudarshan

Comment

Sri:
            Sorry for that,
            Instead of 10th day I mistakenly typed as 11th day
            somewhere simultaneously I am replying for Prasava Punyaham question
            Any how mistake is a mistake again apologies.

There is no question of 11th day so leave it.

Second question:
            Yes, Srichurnam should not be worn till 10 days.
            From 11th day you can wear both or as usual what you do in normal days.

If you are not clear, post your question again and let me give you some detailed reply in Tamil.

Dr.NVS

Comment

Swami:

Thanks for the quick response. To confirm my understanding adiyen has following questions:

1. Should adiyen do Kuzhi Tharpanam for 10 days - starting immediately all the way to 10th day? or Only on 10th day?

Follow-up question:

2. Since not allowed to go near perumal, am I allowed to light lamp or is that also disallowed? may I light a lamp elsewhere in the house or can anyone not having theettu can light a lamp in the house near perumal? May any one else in the household offer naivedyam to perumal?

3. should I be in ekavastram or dvivastram during the 10 days? (since kuzhi tharpanam need to be performed in ekavastram). Panchagacham allowed or not? (i.e. should be ekavastram be worn as panchagacham?)

Sorry for too many questions. Adiyen agjnan.

Adiyen Ramamuja Dasan Sudarshan

Comment

you must wear panchakachcham as usual. during kuzi tharpanam time you must remove angavasthram. on tenth day you have to do kuzhi tharpanam for all the ten days.no puja no lighting of lamp for perumal for the ten days. you have to do sandhya vandhanam and 10 gayathri japam only. for each time. During kuzhi tharpanam time you have to take bath and with wet panchakacham vesti you have to do kuzhi tharpanam.without anga vasthram. no srichurnam on these ten days.

Comment

Originally posted by kgopalan37 View Post
                  you must wear panchakachcham as usual. during kuzi tharpanam time you must remove angavasthram. on tenth day you have to do kuzhi tharpanam for all the ten days.no puja no lighting of lamp for perumal for the ten days. you have to do sandhya vandhanam and 10 gayathri japam only. for each time. During kuzhi tharpanam time you have to take bath and with wet panchakacham vesti you have to do kuzhi tharpanam.without anga vasthram. no srichurnam on these ten days.
                  Dhanyosmi. Very clear.

Couple of more follow-up questions.

Is theettu applicable to adiyen's sons also? If not, may I ask him to light the lamp for perumal or do naivedyam?
                  Allowed to chant divya prabandam during the 10 days or not? I am assuming shlokas like Vishnu Sahasranamam are allowed.

On August 21, there is total solar eclipse visible in US (Adiyen residing in US). Adiyen assuming that I should perform Amavasya tharpanam and Graham Tharpanam as usual?
                  Last edited by sudarshang; 19-08-17, 19:29.

Comment

Sri:
                    More and more questions will make me more and more happy!
                    Questions only will clarify the doubts.
                    Most of the questions might have answered previously but
                    obviously there is lot of chances to get new questions.
                    Replying for old questions also will give a chance to refresh our knowledge
                    so do not hesitate to ask so many questions whether meaningful or meaningless.

Let me answer your questions in the order:

1. No, you have to do the Kuzhi Tarpanam only on the 10th day morning.
                    If you are an younger to the demised (might be) you should do sarvanga kshavaram (I am quoting shastram)
                    and then snanam, wet dhoti (veshti) only which should be worn as katcham* and
                    wearing of Thiruman only is for Sri Vaishnavites (smarthas will not wear anything).

It (Kuzhi Tarpanam) can be done outside of the house near a tree or in the terrace.

2. If it is possible to keep aside all of you who are having theetu and the someone who is not having theetu
                    can cook, light lamp at perumal sannidhi and offer naivedyam to perumal by him / her.
                    But, there is no sin or dhosham if it is not possible to do so while you are in theetu.

3. Eka Vastram is said for doing that karma only, you should wear both vastram always
                    even in theetu days. Never leave the second vastram, because without a second vastram is also treated as nude.

*There is no question of wearing a vastram without katcham, because a vastram which is not worn as katcham
                    will be treated as nude.

Dr.NVS

Comment

Originally posted by bmbcAdmin View Post
                      Sri:
                      More and more questions will make me more and more happy!
                      Questions only will clarify the doubts.
                      Most of the questions might have answered previously but
                      obviously there is lot of chances to get new questions.
                      Replying for old questions also will give a chance to refresh our knowledge
                      so do not hesitate to ask so many questions whether meaningful or meaningless.

Let me answer your questions in the order:

1. No, you have to do the Kuzhi Tarpanam only on the 10th day morning.
                      If you are an younger to the demised (might be) you should do sarvanga kshavaram (I am quoting shastram)
                      and then snanam, wet dhoti (veshti) only which should be worn as katcham* and
                      wearing of Thiruman only is for Sri Vaishnavites (smarthas will not wear anything).

It (Kuzhi Tarpanam) can be done outside of the house near a tree or in the terrace.

2. If it is possible to keep aside all of you who are having theetu and the someone who is not having theetu
                      can cook, light lamp at perumal sannidhi and offer naivedyam to perumal by him / her.
                      But, there is no sin or dhosham if it is not possible to do so while you are in theetu.

3. Eka Vastram is said for doing that karma only, you should wear both vastram always
                      even in theetu days. Never leave the second vastram, because without a second vastram is also treated as nude.

*There is no question of wearing a vastram without katcham, because a vastram which is not worn as katcham
                      will be treated as nude.
                      Very clear. Dhanyosmi.

Comment

Originally posted by sudarshang View Post
                        Dhanyosmi. Very clear.

Couple of more follow-up questions.

Is theettu applicable to adiyen's sons also? If not, may I ask him to light the lamp for perumal or do naivedyam?
                        Allowed to chant divya prabandam during the 10 days or not? I am assuming shlokas like Vishnu Sahasranamam are allowed.

On August 21, there is total solar eclipse visible in US (Adiyen residing in US). Adiyen assuming that I should perform Amavasya tharpanam and Graham Tharpanam as usual?
                        Sri:
                        If your son is a brahmachari then there is no theetu for him
                        if he is a married one, he will also get theetu.

It is not advisable to open the perumal sannidhi where the theetu persons are moving here and there.

No slokas, no sahasranamam nothing is allowed to recite, there is no value of keeping theetu.

If you have theetu while solar eclipse, you can do the grahana tarpanam but not the amavasya tarpanam.

Dr.NVS

Comment

Originally posted by bmbcAdmin View Post
                          Sri:
                          If your son is a brahmachari then there is no theetu for him
                          if he is a married one, he will also get theetu.

It is not advisable to open the perumal sannidhi where the theetu persons are moving here and there.

No slokas, no sahasranamam nothing is allowed to recite, there is no value of keeping theetu.

If you have theetu while solar eclipse, you can do the grahana tarpanam but not the amavasya tarpanam.
                          Dhanyosmi. All Clear.

Comment

Sri:
                            A related question answer from Sri Ranganatha Paduka:
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	10th-day-theetu-tarpanam.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	34036

Dr.NVS

Comment

swamin,
                              Adiyen lost my chitappa on 16 th sep 2017,chitti fews years earlier to him ,
                              my chitappa is survived by his only daughter living abroad.
                              my parents passed away few years back.
                              Adiyen has been advised to perform kuzhi tharpanam on the tenth day. Adiyen is seeking guidance of vadhiyar >

Please clarify:-
                              1.shaving can be done before proceeding to place where kuzhi tharpanam is to be done? bath can be taken at house after shave and again at place where tharpanam is to be performed?
                              2.should sacred thread be changed if so when and where?
                              3.have i to take my chittappa"s chitti "s name in kuzhi tharpanam , which place Adiyen will be asked to take their name ( chitappa and chitti "s name).

pardon adiyen

dasan
                              sounderrajan.J

Comment

Working...
                              X