Jackal & Radha - Radharani Stories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackal & Radha - Radharani Stories

Near Radhakund, there is a place called Shivakuri. There was a jackal. This jackal was being harassed by small children. They were throwing stones at him. And the jackal was injured was in great pain. In order to save himself, he ran way from that place and jumped into a burrow in the ground. The children lit a fire all around the burrow. The heat and smoke were entering the hole and the children were all gathered around, waiting for him to come out and so they could trouble him again. The jackal was screaming in pain. Srimati Radharani, who was at Radhakund at that time heard the screaming of the jackal as it was within the vicinity of Radhakund. No one should suffer there. She told her most intimate expansion, Lalita Sakhi, to go and see who is in pain. Lalitha gopi went and when she saw the children, she chastised them and send them away. Then, she personally put out the fire and called the jackal to come out.
    When the jackal came out, Lalita Devi, brought that useless little jackal to Srimati Radharani. The jackal with tears of gratitude, fell at the feet of Srimati Radharani and surrendered. Srimati Radharani said "there are no more suffering for you and from today, I allow you into my past times as one of my gopies."
    Now, this jackal represents sinful condition living entities of this material world. We are all jackals. The burrow in the ground represent material existence. Just as the jackal could not get out of the burrow, it represents being trapped in the hole of material bondage. The fire here represents the three fold miseries of the material exsistence. Lalitha sakhi represent the spiritual master. She comes, the spiritual master comes, simply to bring us to the lotus feet of Srimati Radharani. And when we surrender to the lotus feet of Srimati Radharani, She recommends us to Krishna and then we are accepted.
Working...
X