Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A POSTING IN FACEBOOK - Touching the heart

A POSTING IN FACEBOOK

I overheard an argument of a young couple in a supermarket recently.
    The young man angrily told his wife to do shopping on her own and sat down in one of the chairs that were placed outside of the supermarket.
    He was still upset when I approached and asked him for the reason of his behavior, only if he do not mind sharing it with an old man of 60 years (myself).
    “Nothing uncle”, he told me. Then, he continued, “My wife wanted me to do shopping with her but I am dead tired today after my work. I was so upset when she insisted to come along with her inside the shop”.
    I smiled and told this young man that I always go out with my wife whenever possible until she left me 5 months ago. My wife had passed away and I am left alone in this world now.
    We both are of the same age. We were teachers by profession and after our retirement we went around India visiting ancient temples and other spiritual places of interest.
    Our 3 children were married already and living separately on their own with their individual families.
    Unfortunately, my wife’s health was poor. She had diabetics and high blood pressure so I was taking care of her because she had to take medicines promptly on time.
    Now, she is no more. I feel very lonely now. My days are longer and my nights are emptier. When I see her belongings, it all reminds me of her. The medicines that she did not consume and are now remaining as leftover also makes me feel very sad and depressed.
    I still keep her mobile number but she will not pick it up if I call her now. My Whatsapp messages will not be read by her. We both used to share the same bed by taking each side of it. But, now, I am lying in there alone in the middle of the bed. I prepare my own food in the name of cooking. I do not have my wife with me to cook delicious food for me now. She is no more to accompany me to the temple visits.
    Suddenly, I started seeing the tears welling upon the young man’s eyes. I told him to love his wife when they are together now.
    “Praise her whenever you get a chance to do it”, I told him. She had left me earlier to do preparation so that she can welcome me soon there. I am counting my days so that I can join her anytime.
    I said goodbye to the young man who was looking completely stunned and struck with emotions. He soon got back to his senses and rushed inside the supermarket.
    Yes, men should start accepting their wives as they are and women should tolerate harsh words of their husbands at times for an overall improvement and fulfillment in their married life.
    We are so polite to strangers and greet people well when we get to know them. We excuse nicely when we have to cough or attend a phone call while engaging in conversation with others.
    But, are we doing the same to our wives? Are we really respecting them? 90% of the families thus miss the daily happy moments.
    It was a mutual neglect that both husband and wife are not staying together happily.
    The husband gets back home and the wife does not enquire about his day in office.
    Similarly, the husband does not tell his wife that he missed her very much today.

We must start sharing our feelings with spouse as well as siblings so that we can have a sweet life and live happily when we are still together.

Thanks to Sri R NARAYANAN

Working...
X