Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Narayaneeyam

Narayaneeyam Dasakam-70 SALVATION OF SUDARSHANA

In this manner, as Krishna were entertaining the Gopikaas and they were immersed in bliss, . Nanda had taken a vow that when Krishna became twelve years of age, he would offer a special worship to the family goddess, Ambika. Along with neighbours and friends, Nandagopa went to the temple of the goddess with gifts of milk, curd, butter ,milk-sweets. Thou went along with them to the temple which was in the forest named Ambikaa.

After the divine festival had been performed, they all slept happily in the night. Then a fierce snake swallowed Nanda Gopa. When the snake did not loosen its hold even after being severely beaten with burning logs of wood, the Gopas appealed to Krishna for help. Krishna rushed to his father's rescue. He touched the back of the snake with his foot. At once, the ugly python changed into a handsome and shining vidyadhara, who bowed low before Krishna with folded hands.

Krishna asked him who he was. He replied, "My name is Sudarshana. I am a celestial magician. I had become very proud of my skill and beauty. One day I had gone to the forest in my chariot. There the Rishi Angira was sitting in deep meditation. I flew over himin my chariot a hundred times. Aroused from his meditation he cursed me intobeing a python, saying that I would be released from it by the grace of Krishna. That is why I came and seized Nanda Gopa’s foot. Please forgive me." With deep prostration, he mounted his chariot and sped away to Swaragaloka.

Dasakam: 070 -- Slokam:1

इति त्वयि रसाकुलं रमितवल्लभे वल्लवा:
    कदापि पुरमम्बिकामितुरम्बिकाकानने ।
    समेत्य भवता समं निशि निषेव्य दिव्योत्सवं
    सुखं सुषुपुरग्रसीद्व्रजपमुग्रनागस्तदा ॥१॥

In this manner, as Thou were entertaining the Gopikaas and they were immersed in bliss, the Gopas went to the temple of Lord Shiva, Ambikaa's (Paarvati's) husband. Thou went along with them to the temple which was in the forest named Ambikaa. After the divine festival had been performed, they all slept happily in the night. Then a fierce snake swallowed Nanda Gopa.
Working...
X