Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mahalaya Paksha, Anual Shradham -doubts

Sir,
    Namaskarams. I am Madhavan from Villa Espana , Velachery. Just to remind you, you performed my brothers daughters marriage.
    I have two doubts. Pl.be kind enough to clarify them:
    Q:1. My brother elder to me and Kartha of the family, is not well and, living in a remote locality in Bombay is also not able to get a priest for performing ceremonies. I am the second out of four sons. Can I perform Hiranya srardham on the tithi day of my father and mother? Am I authorised?

Ans:1 : You are not only authorized but also it is a must as per shastra. All brothers must do the shradham separately as it is described as an individuals karma
    (not a collective karma). ஒரு கடவுளுக்கே ஒவ்வொருவரும் தங்கள் தங்கள் பெயரில் அர்ச்சனை செய்கிறார்கள், காரணம் அர்சனையின் பலன் கடவுளுக்கு அல்ல தனக்கு என்று உணர்வதால். அதுபோல் பித்ருக்களுக்குச் செய்யப்படும் ச்ராத்தத்தின் பலன் பித்ருக்களுக்கு என்று
    எண்ணினால் யாராவது ஒருவர் செய்தால் போதும், ஆனால் உண்மையில் பலன் பித்ருக்களுக்கல்ல செய்யும் கர்த்தாவின் தோஷம் விலகி
    சந்ததிகளுக்கு ஆசீர்வாதம் கிட்டத்தான் என்பதை அறிந்தால் அனைவரும் கடவுளுக்கு அர்ச்சனை செய்வதுபோல, பித்ருக்களுக்கும்
    தனித்தனியாகவே செய்ய விரும்புவர். இதை அறியாமையால் ஏற்படும் குழப்பம் இது.

Q: 2. In Mahalaya Paksha, is it normal for an Iyengars to perform a Hiranya srardham on a tithi day for my parents as well as uncle/aunt who have no sons? My Iyengar friend tells me that Iyengars do only tarpanam . Another prominent Iyengar website says that it can be done. Which in your opinion is correct?...

Ans:2: Shradham can be done in many types, the shradham to three generation pitrus can be done as follows:
    1. pArvaNa :- with agni and bhojanam to brahmins - First grade.
    2. sankalpa :- without agni but with brahmana bhojana - Second grade
    3. Amam :- the things used in shradham to feed brahmins will be given as raw material like rice, vegitables and spices with some dhakshinai and tila tarpanam at the end.
    -- Third grade.
    4. tila tarpanam : it is the tail part of all shradhams mentioned above - doing such type can be described as "fourth rate" which vaishnavas are keeping as custom(?!)
    Hope the given explanation is enough to understand the logic.
    Note:- why don't you consider joining our forum to ask such type of questions?!
    regs,
    nvs

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
    please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
    Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
    Best Wishes and Best Regards,
    Dr.NVS

Re: Mahalaya Paksha, Anual Shradham -doubts

Thanks maamaa
    என்னுடைய சமையல் குறிப்புகளடங்கிய அண்ட்ராய்ட் அப்ளிகேஷன்!

http://eegarai.org/apps/Kitchen4All.apk

http://www.brahminsnet.com/apps/Kitchen4All.apk

Dont work hard, work smart

Comment

Working...
    X