Narayaneeyam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Narayaneeyam

Narayaneeyamasakam: 78 -- Life in Dwaraka, Balarama's Wedding and getting Message from Rukhmani

Dasakam: 78 -- Life in Dwaraka, Balarama's Wedding and getting Message from Rukhmani

Vishwakarmaa, the divine architect had employed all his excellent skills in building it and the gods had lavished all their divine embellishments on the city, which was situated in the middle of the ocean. At the instructions of Brahmaa, the king of Revata gave his daughter Revathy in marriage to Balaraama. On this event with all the Yaadavaas, who had assembled, Thou happily performed a great festive celebration. When Rukhmani the daughter of king of Vidharbha, Who was deeply in love with Krishna and wanted to marry lord. Rukhmani who was greatly in love with you, for a very long time, becoming deeply dejected, By this sudden decision against her wishes, Sent a Brahmin with a message, To inform lord about the pain created, By the God of love in her. That Brahmin reached speedily your great city, And became pleased by Krishna, Who is an expert in destroying the sorrows of the world, Received, honoured and worshipped him.

There he receives a message from Rukhmani a princess that she is in love with him and her brother Rugmi is trying to get her married to Shishupala against her wishes, That Brahmin told you, "In the town of Kundini, A princess called Rukmani shines who has, Great love towards you but has lost her courage, And I have been sent by her to meet you. She is praying to Krishna oh Lord of the universe, " Hearing a lot about your goodness even earlier, I have fallen in love with you and now, I understand that Shisupala the king of Chedhi, is coming to steal me and so darling of devotees, Please show mercy and save me from this." And she conveyed message to the Brahmin"If you are forsaking me who does not have any support, I shall take my life away", Your mind was filled with pity. Then Krishna told him, "Oh friend, I have more pain out of love, than her, And so I would bring my darling away from there in the presence of other kings Through a Brahmin Krishna sends message that he will marry her. Along with the highly delighted Braahmin you proceeded, In your chariot and soon reached Kundina.
Working...
X