श्री कृष्ण राधावर गोकुलेश
    गोपाल गोवर्धन-नाथ विष्णो
    जिह्वे पिबस्वामृतमेतदेव
    गोविन्द दामोदर माधवेति ।। (५८) (58)
    śrī kṛṣṇa rādhāvara gokuleśa
    gopāla govardhana-nātha viṣṇo
    jihve pibasvāmṛtam etad eva
    govinda dāmodara mādhaveti
    O tongue, drink only this nectar (of the names), "Śrī Kṛṣṇa, dearmost of Śrīmatī Rādhārāṇī, Lord of Gokula, Gopāla, Lord of Govardhana, Viṣṇu, Govinda, Dāmodara," and "Mādhava."

श्रीनाथ विश्वेश्वर विश्व-मूर्ते
    श्री देवकी-नन्दन दैत्य-शत्रो
    जिह्वे पिबस्वामृतमेतदेव
    गोविन्द दामोदर माधवेति ।। (५९) (59)
    śrīnātha viśveśvara viśva-mūrte
    śrī devakī-nandana daitya-śatro
    "Śrīnātha, Lord of the universe, form of the universe, beautiful son of Devakī, O enemy of the demons, Govinda, Dāmodara, Mādhava!" O my tongue, just drink this nectar.

गोपीपते कंस-रिपो मुकुन्द
    लक्ष्मीपते केशव वासुदेव
    जिह्वे पिबस्वामृतमेतदेव
    गोविन्द दामोदर माधवेति ।। (६०) (60)
    gopīpate kaṁsa-ripo mukunda
    lakṣmīpate keśava vāsudeva
    "Lord of the gopīs, enemy of Kaṁsa, Mukunda, husband of Lakṣmīdevī, Keśava, son of Vasudeva, Govinda, Dāmodara, Mādhava!" O my tongue, just drink this nectar.

गोपी-जनाह्लाद-कर व्रजेश
    गो-चारणारण्य-कृत-प्रवेश
    जिह्वे पिबस्वामृतमेतदेव
    गोविन्द दामोदर माधवेति ।। (६१) (61)
    gopī-janāhlāda-kara vrajeśa
    go-cāraṇāraṇya-kṛta-praveśa
    "O You who give bliss to the gopīs! Lord of Vraja, You who have entered the forest for herding the cows, O Govinda, Dāmodara, Mādhava!" O my tongue, just drink this nectar.

प्राणेश विश्वम्भर कैटभारे
    वैकुण्ठ नारायण चक्र-पाणे
    जिह्वे पिबस्वामृतमेतदेव
    गोविन्द दामोदर माधवेति ।। (६२) (62)
    prāṇeśa viśvambhara kaiṭabhāre
    vaikuṇṭha nārāyaṇa cakra-pāṇe
    "O Lord of my life! Upholder of the universe, foe of Kaiṭabha, Vaikuṇṭha, Nārāyaṇa, holder of the Sudarśana-cakra! Govinda, Dāmodara, Mādhava!" O my tongue, just drink this nectar.

हरे मुरारे मधुसूदनाद्य
    श्री राम सीतावर रावणारे
    जिह्वे पिबस्वामृतमेतदेव
    गोविन्द दामोदर माधवेति ।। (६३) (63)
    hare murāre madhusūdanādya
    śrī rāma sītāvara rāvaṇāre
    "O Lord Hari, enemy of Mura, Madhusūdana, Śrī Rāma, dearmost of Sītā, enemy of Rāvaṇa, Govinda, Dāmodara, Mādhava!" O tongue, now just drink this nectar.

श्री यादवेन्द्राद्रिधराम्बुजाक्ष
    गो-गोप-गोपी-सुख-दान-दक्ष
    जिह्वे पिबस्वामृतमेतदेव
    गोविन्द दामोदर माधवेति ।। (६४) (64)
    śrī yādavendrādri-dharāmbujākṣa
    go-gopa-gopī-sukha-dāna-dakṣa
    "O best of the Yadus, O bearer of Govardhana hill, O lotus-eyed expert in giving happiness to the cows, the gopas, and the gopīs, Govinda, Dāmodara, Mādhava!" O tongue, please just drink this nectar.

धराभरोत्तारण-गोप-वेश
    विहार-लीला-कृत-बन्धु-शेष
    जिह्वे पिबस्वामृतमेतदेव
    गोविन्द दामोदर माधवेति ।। (६५) (65)
    dharābharottāraṇa-gopa-veśa
    vihāra-līlā-kṛta-bandhu-śeṣa
    "O uplifter of the earth's burdens in the guise of a cowherd boy, Lord of sportive pastimes in which Ananta-śeṣa has become Your brother! O Govinda, Dāmodara, Mādhava!" O my tongue, just drink this nectar.

बकी-बकाघासुर-धेनुकारे
    केशी-तृणावर्त-विघात-दक्ष
    जिह्वे पिबस्वामृतमेतदेव
    गोविन्द दामोदर माधवेति ।। (६६) (66)
    bakī-bakāghāsura-dhenukāre
    keśī-tṛṇāvarta-vighāta-dakṣa
    "O enemy of Bakī (Pūtanā), Bakāsura, Aghāsura, and Dhenuka, O Lord who expertly smashed Keśī and Tṛṇāvarta!" O tongue, just drink this nectar–"Govinda, Dāmodara, Mādhava!"

श्री जानकी-जीवन रामचन्द्र
    निशाचरारे भरताग्रजेश
    जिह्वे पिबस्वामृतमेतदेव
    गोविन्द दामोदर माधवेति ।। (६७) (67)
    śrī jānakī-jīvana rāmacandra
    niśācarāre bharatāgrajeśa
    "O Rāmacandra, O life and soul of the beautiful daughter of Janaka Mahārāja, enemy of the night-roving demons, O elder brother of Bhārata!" O my tongue, just drink this nectar–"Govinda, Dāmodara, Mādhava!"

नारायणानन्त हरे नृसिंह
    प्रह्लाद-बाधाहर हे कृपालो
    जिह्वे पिबस्वामृतमेतदेव
    गोविन्द दामोदर माधवेति ।। (६८) (68)
    nārāyaṇānanta hare nṛsiṁha
    prahlāda-bādhāhara he kṛpālo
    "O Lord Nārāyaṇa, Ananta, Hari, Nṛsiṁhadeva, remover of the afflictions of Prahlāda, O merciful Lord! Govinda, Dāmodara, Mādhava!" O my tongue, simply drink this nectar.

लीला-मनुष्याकृति-राम-रूप
    प्रताप-दासीकृत-सर्व-भूप
    जिह्वे पिबस्वामृतमेतदेव
    गोविन्द दामोदर माधवेति ।। (६९) (69)
    līlā-manuṣyākṛti-rāma-rūpa
    pratāpa-dāsī-kṛta-sarva-bhūpa
    O Lord who assumed the man-like form of Rāma, who by dint of Your prowess, turned all other kings into Your servants! "O Govinda, Dāmodara, Mādhava!" O tongue, just drink this nectar.

श्री कृष्ण गोविन्द हरे मुरारे
    हे नाथ नारायण वासुदेव
    जिह्वे पिबस्वामृतमेतदेव
    गोविन्द दामोदर माधवेति ।। (७०) (70)
    śrī kṛṣṇa govinda hare murāre
    he nātha nārāyaṇa vāsudeva
    "Śrī Kṛṣṇa! Govinda! Hari! Murāri! O Lord, Nārāyaṇa, Vāsudeva!" O tongue, please drink only this nectar–"Govinda, Dāmodara, Mādhava!"

वक्तुं समर्थोऽपि न वक्ति कश्चिद्
    अहो जनानां व्यसनाभिमुख्यम्
    जिह्वे पिबस्वामृतमेतदेव
    गोविन्द दामोदर माधवेति ।। (७१) (71)
    vaktuṁ samartho 'pi na vakti kaścid
    aho janānāṁ vyasanābhimukhyam
    Even though anyone is able to chant, still no one does. Alas! How determined people are for their own undoing! O tongue, just drink the nectar of these names–"Govinda, Dāmodara, Mādhava!"

इति श्री बिल्वमङ्गळाचार्य-विरचितं
    श्री गोविन्द-दामोदर-स्तोत्रं संपूर्णम् ।।
    iti śrī bilvamaṅgalācārya-viracitaṁ
    śrī govinda-dāmodara-stotraṁ saṁpūrṇam
    Thus the Śrī Govinda Dāmodara Stotram
    composed by Śrī Bilvamaṅgalācārya is completed.
    Download PDF Document

Śrī Govinda Dāmodara Stotraṁ
    This Stotra has been composed by Sri Bilvamangala Thakura, who is also known as Lila Sukha. - Bilvamangala, as recorded in the scriptures, was a great Vaishnava devotee that blinded himself due to feeling lust for a prostitute women, and went to Vrindavan, where he performed devotional austerities on the bank of Brahma kunda (close to present day Ranganath temple, also not far from Radha Govinda mandir) - he also wrote other great works like Sri Krishna Karnamrita, that Lord Caitanya recovered from South India a long with Brahma Samhita.
    The Govinda-Damodhara Stotram is the ecstatic outpouring of pure unalloyed Bhakti to Lord Krishna. Bilvamangala Thakura pictures in his prayer all the devotees of Lord Krishna, sharing his ecstasy. Intoxicated by Krishnas names, they do not talk of anything else under all circumstances, despite any situation they are in.
    Any sincere devotee reading this stotara with pure heart, will also become intoxicated by the name of Lord Krishna!
    Many Vaishnavas chant this beautiful prayer and remember the last Verse: "Even though anyone is able to chant, still no one does. Alas! How determined people are for their own undoing! O tongue, just drink the nectar of these names – "Govinda, Damodara, Madhava!"
    Srila Prabhupada recounted the story of Bilvamangala Thakura in his room conversation with Allen Ginsberg in Columbus, Ohio - May 13, 1969 and also in the book "Teachings of Lord Kapila Deva" Chapter 14, Text 32:
    "This is the experience of Bilvamaṅgala Ṭhākura, who was a very rich South Indian brāhmaṇa. Due to bad association, Bilvamaṅgala Ṭhākura became a very staunch prostitute hunter, and he spent all his money on a prostitute named Cintāmaṇi. One night, during a terrible rainstorm, Bilvamaṅgala went to see Cintāmaṇi, but the prostitute was thinking, "Surely tonight Bilvamaṅgala will not come. This is a terrible storm." Nonetheless, Bilvamaṅgala came, despite all difficulties. Somehow he managed to cross the raging river, and when he saw the gates of Cintāmaṇi's house closed, he somehow managed to jump over them. Despite all the dangers, he reached Cintāmaṇi's house, and the prostitute, being very astonished, said, "How is it you have come tonight? Oh, you are so attracted to this body of flesh and skin! If you just had this much attraction for Kṛṣṇa, it would certainly be to your benefit."
    Bilvamaṅgala then came to his senses and immediately left the prostitute's house and went to Vṛndāvana. The fact was that in his previous life he had executed devotional service up to bhāva-bhakti. Thus the prostitute Cintāmaṇi actually became his guru. While in Vṛndāvana, Bilvamaṅgala Ṭhākura wrote a book named Kṛṣṇa-karṇāmṛta, which has been recommended by Śrī Caitanya Mahāprabhu. In that book, Bilvamaṅgala Ṭhākura writes: "If we have devotion fixed on You, My Lord Bhagavān, then we can easily see Your divine form as kaiśora-mūrti, a young boy."
    A nother name for Kṛṣṇa is Kaiśora. The word kaiśora refers to the age before marriage—that is, it refers to a boy between the ages of eleven and sixteen. Śrī Kṛṣṇa is always kaiśora-mūrti. By devotional service, one can see the kaiśora-mūrtiof Kṛṣṇa very easily.
    When Bilvamaṅgala Ṭhākura was going to Vṛndāvana, he was still attracted to women. One night he stayed at the house of a very rich merchant, and the merchant's wife told her husband that Bilvamaṅgala Ṭhākura was attracted to her. She asked her husband what to do, and the merchant simply said, "Serve him." Finally Bilvamaṅgala Ṭhākura came to his senses, and he thought, "These eyes are my enemies." When the beautiful woman approached him, Bilvamaṅgala Ṭhākura said, "Mother, please give me the pins out of your hair. I am very mad after the beauty of women. So let me pluck out my eyes." In this way, he blinded himself. Although he could not see, in Vṛndāvana he was supplied milk by Kṛṣṇa Himself. Thus he personally realized Kṛṣṇa through bhakti and wrote of his personal experience.

He wrote, "Mukti is not a very important thing. She is always at my service with folded hands, saying, 'My dear sir, what can I do for you?' " Thus a devotee is not very anxious for mukti because he is already liberated. If a man has a million dollars, why should he hanker after ten rupees? Mukti is not very important for a bhakta. In the words of Bilvamaṅgala Ṭhākura: muktiḥ svayaṁ mukulitāñjali sevate 'smāt. "Mukti herself is standing with folded hands, waiting to serve the devotee." (Kṛṣṇa-karṇāmṛta 107)
Working...
X