Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doubt about Upanayanam for Brothers

We belong to Tamil Iyer, Vadama, Cuddalore Dist.Tamilnadu
    We are planning to perform Upanayanam of our Grand Children aged 7 and 9 together next November/December 2013 on a Muhurtham day suitable to them.
    (I did for my son along with my brother's son , upanayanam when he was 15)

There is a opinion among some Telugu Brahmin people that Upanayanam should not be done on the same date together for brothers.

Kindly advice.

Re: Doubt about Upanayanam for Brothers

Upanayanam should not be done at the same time for brothers by you. You can do for one grand child. For another grand child your brother or your son or any other relative can do upanayanam for the second grand child. at the same muhurtham at the same place. provided the birth star of your grand children are having all poruthams for muhurtham.

Thara palam, chandra palam, kasaram, panchagam , 8th place from lagnam must be without any planet., chandrastama nall. etc; should be seen. For upanayanam only Uthirayanam is best. that is from january 15 th to july15th.

Comment

Thanks Sir,
      We plan to do it in December 2013, and My son will initiate for eldest grand son, and me or my younger brother will do it for younger one.
      another doubt sir, Can we combine my daughter's son upanayanam with my son's upanayanam on the same date? As number of upanayanam becomes 3, are we to add one more relatives' son upanayanam also on that date to make it 4. Kindly advice, ThanksSir

Comment

Add one more and make it four.

Comment

Thanks Sir. will follow it.

Comment

Working...
          X