Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed - Date for Thithi and Masikam

Swamin,
    1. My mother's routine Thithi (Divasam) was there on 17th Jan as per the calendar. This we do very meticulously every year for the past 12 years with Vadhyar. However this year my father reached the lotus feet of God on 9th Jan and 17 th happened to fall on Asowcham period. So we could not do the mother's divasam on that day. Now the question is when should we do the yearly kriya for our mother without missing?

2. Another related question. Our fathers masikam started this month and was due on 8th of Feb. However again we are struck with another issue. A pangali of our family tree passed away yesterday and the date 8th Feb again happens to be a asowcham period for us. How do we do the first month masikam for our father? Can we do it after the asowcham period irrespective of the thithi (the correct thithi was Ashtami).

3. We are confused and I am trying to refer several web-sites. Still I am able to the right solution. What does our sastras say? How do we do our basic kriyeas for our parents without missing out the routine?
    Really appreciate your clarification. Thanks in advance

Regards
    Natarajan

Re: Help needed - Date for Thithi and Masikam

Sri:
    I hope the 7th February is the 11th day hence no need to stop the masikam of your father and you can do.
    Or you can club the masiyam to the next month masiyam.

You might have done your mother shradham on the 11th day (i.e, 19th January)
    if not done do it on 9th February (on Krishna Navami) or 15th February on Amavasai day without fail.

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
    please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
    Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
    Best Wishes and Best Regards,
    Dr.NVS

Comment

Re: Help needed - Date for Thithi and Masikam

Swamigale,
      Thanks a ton for your prompt clarification. We will follow your advice.

Regards
      Natarajan

Comment

Working...
      X