• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thorny bed -Periyavaa

Thorny bed -Periyavaa

Dr laha -
    The contact and connection -
    Year 1990. I was returning from Delhi by flight with a monk of RamKrishna Mission. One journalist from Chile was there with us . He was to take an interview of the monk.
    Journalist - dear Sir , in your last lecture u told about jogajog ( contact ) & Sanjog (connection ). It's really confusing. Can u explain to me ?
    Monk smiled a little but deviating from question he asked - are u from Chile ?
    Journalist( J ) - yeh...
    Monk ( M ) - who are there at home ?
    Journalist thought Monk is trying to avoid his question... this is a very personal and unwarranted question . yet Journalist said - mother expired. father is there. 3 brothers one sister. All married...
    Monk was cool and still a smile in face further asked - do u talk to your father ???
    Now Journalist was visibly annoyed...
    M - when did u talk to him last ???
    J - supressing his annoyance said - may be a month back.
    M - Do u brothers and sisters meet often ? When did u last meet as a family together ???
    At this point I saw the journalist's sweat on fore head....
    Who is taking whose interview ? Seemed , the monk is taking interview of journalist...
    With a sigh , the journalist said - we met last in Christmas 2 yrs back..
    Monk - how many days u stayed together ?
    J - ( wiping the sweat) 3 days...
    M - how much time u spent with father sitting beside him ?
    I saw the journalist perplexed and embrassed.... scribbling something on a paper...
    M - did u have breakfast or lunch or dinner together ? Did u asked how is he ? Did u ask how his days are passing after your mother's death ?
    I saw the journalist's eyes heavy...looking out side at the sky...
    Monk still cool and smile in his face placed his hand on journalist's hand and said
    M - don't be embrassed or upset or sad. I am sorry if I have hurt u unknowingly...
    But this is basically your answer to contact and connection ( jogajog and Sanjog).
    M - u have contact with father but u don't have connection with him. U are not connected to him. Connection is by heart to heart... sitting together , sharing , caring , hugging each other , touch , shake hand , eye contact , sharing food from same plate , spending little time together...
    M - u all brothers and sisters have contact but there is no connection with anybody....

This is the realty in present world.
    In home , society and everywhere everybody has lots and lots of contact but there is no connection. No communication... . Everybody is in virtual world.
    The journalist wiped his eyes and said - thanks for teaching me a lesson.

I came back to my sense.....
    In our childhood when we travelled in train , bus or flight .... everyone used smile to everyothers... then talking to each other, sharing each other in short journey. Some used to be frnds. Some used to be uncle and aunty for life long....
    And now when I travel by train or by flight , I just enter into a cemetery.... no one disturbs no one. All are busy with a fone or laptop with some " tik tik tik tik tik sound ...like it is in cemetery with sound of falling dry leaves...
    Everybody in This compartment are in contact with whole world but no one knows copsaaengers... - Its a cemetery of some 50 - 100 "living dead " persons in a small journey..

Let's not be well contacted - let's be well connected , well communicated with caring , sharing , touch , hug , spending time together ....

God bless.
Working...
X