Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Nation may be lost for due to rising Sea leval.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Nation may be lost for due to rising Sea leval.

Entire nation of Kiribati to be relocated over rising sea level threat

The low-lying Pacific nation of Kiribati is negotiating to buy land in Fiji so it can relocate islanders under threat from rising sea levels.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/australiaandthepacific/kiribati/9127576/Entire-nation-of-Kiribati-to-be-relocated-over-rising-sea-level-threat.html

Re: A Nation may be lost for due to rising Sea leval.

how sad it is

Comment

Sri:
      As you are speaking about the sadness of some Pacific nation
      here yesterday I watched a program in Pudhiyathalaimurai tv about the
      proposed water policy of India, by which our Indian nation and people
      will have to sunk in sad, if implemented. This policy says, that the water found in your own land will not be your own any more. A meter will be fixed for every individual and they have to pay the bill every month according to usage.
      Normally, I will not be affected by any bad happenings in the world, but I this matter affected me seriously about the future. If anybody knows about more details about this subject kindly start discuss in a new thread.
      regs,
      nvs

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
      please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
      Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
      Best Wishes and Best Regards,
      Dr.NVS

Comment

Dear Sir
        Probably you are referring to this news item which appeared in Times of India dated July 18 /2012

http://articles.timesofindia.indiati...water-aquifers

This water management policy is based on the view:
        After all, anyone sinking a bore well on his or her territory is not tapping into water only under his plot but from the common water table of that area. So, extraction of groundwater should be for the common good. Hopefully, the proposed law will also lead to some recharging of groundwater reserves.

This policy is not possible to implement. Without ensuring water for all as birthright, about 150 liters for each individual per day, (where from the Government or local Panchayat can provide this?) any such law appears inappropriate as of now. In villages and some a houses have wells within their privately owned premises and if you declare such wells as public property, just imagine the chaos, fighting etc this would create. A public property within the private property is just absurd proposal to create law and order problem.
        So please do not worry and if this Law is passed it will be struck down by Supreme Court.
        Padmanabhan.J

Comment

Working...
        X