Name of the forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name of the forum

Is "Brahmin" an anglicized word for BraahmaNa?

Would it be good to call the forum BrahmanaNet or such?

Of course, I do not mean to suggest that we follow the tradition of politicians who have the energy and wisdom to spend endless resources of taxpayers (only) on the issue of a name. After all, with due respect to Shakespeare, Mumbai by any name stinks the same:-))

Re: Name of the forum

Originally posted by seeking View Post
    Is "Brahmin" an anglicized word for BraahmaNa?
    Would it be good to call the forum BrahmanaNet or such?
    Of course, I do not mean to suggest that we follow the tradition of politicians who have the energy and wisdom to spend endless resources of taxpayers (only) on the issue of a name. After all, with due respect to Shakespeare, Mumbai by any name stinks the same:-))
    Sri:
    Shall I know why you are using the user name "seeking" while your original name (Ranga) is the name of a most popular deity
    and very religious one?
    Also, why you are using the English language to communicate your thought instead of Samskritam?!

Don't take it as serious, let it be.

Fixing the name of a domain must be easy to find by search engines and should be easy to remember, meaningful and type by the users.

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
    please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
    Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
    Best Wishes and Best Regards,
    Dr.NVS

Comment

Dear Sir,

I feel that the name "Brahmins' Net" seems to be alright . We discuss the subjects mostly in English
      and the anglicized word used suits well.

Regards,
      Brahmanyan,
      Bangal.

Comment

Yes, most web use is in English, other than in China and E Europe.. Ok, let us stay with Brahminnet then.

Perhaps this was discussed earlier.

Hari om

Comment

Working...
        X