Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Narayaneeyam

Narayaneeyam-Dasakam: 100 -- Vision of the Lord
    Narayaneeyam has its own efficacies like relief from illness, happy family life, good progeny and the good fortune to be wealthy. One will attain good health, long life and realize one’s dreams if one chants these slokas with full awareness of their meaning.Whenever i am depressed or I am in worries I used to read Narayaneeyam . I read it so many times. When now I began to read again Narayaneeyam and it just occurred to me in Guruvayoorappan sannadi.;that I must translate Narayaneeyam into English, I began immediately I refer meaning for slogas from Late Brahmasree Sengalipuram Anantharama Deekshidar has given Bhagavatham and Narayaneeyam Discourses in Tamil. I am not a scholar in Sanskrit.. With Guruvayoorappan’s blessings I tried to translate and it takes me to complete five years. With various reference I add stories too.. In these five years I repeatedly chant Narayaneeyam. I have gone through really really tough times in life but during all those times like a silver lining after the black thunder, Lord in different forms have come to our rescue..... what i want to tell all devotees is this,if you call once with all sincerity in your soul, He will come to you & bless you. May Guruvayoorappan be with all & bless all!! Ohm Namo Narayana!!Hare Krishna !!

This Dasakam describes the magnificent Vision of the Lord which the poet (Bhattathiri)experienced as the climax of his sustained and lavish eulogisation of the Lord in thepreceding 99 Dasakams. This vision is set out in very minute, enrapturing detail,starting with the Lord's head (tresses) and progressing step-by-step downwards to theLord's feet at which the devotee poet takes his ultimate refuge.
    Dasakam: 100-- Slokam: 01

अग्रे पश्यामि तेजो निबिडतरकलायावलीलोभनीयं
    पीयूषाप्लावितोऽहं तदनु तदुदरे दिव्यकैशोरवेषम् ।
    तारुण्यारम्भरम्यं परमसुखरसास्वादरोमाञ्चिताङ्गै-
    रावीतं नारदाद्यैर्विलसदुपनिषत्सुन्दरीमण्डलैश्च ॥१॥

In front of me, I see a halo of radiance excelling a very thick bed of blue lilies,Which made me feel that I am bathed in the nectar of the sight. Then, in the centre of the radiance I see the form of a divine young body enchanting by the budding of youth. . He is surrounded by sages like Naarada As seen by his hair standing erect on all his limbs. Who is signifying their thrilling experience of Supreme Bliss, and by a bevy of beautiful maidens personifying the Upanishads (or the Gopis of Brindavan.
Working...
X