Clear All

• REBIRTH THEORY Part 1

Rebirth theory PART 1

1) (i) Bhagavad Gita, Chapter 2, verse 22:

'vasamsi jirnani yatha vihaya
    navani grhnati naro 'parani
    tatha sarirani vihaya jirnany
    anyani samyati navani dehi'

'As a person puts on new garments, giving up old ones, similarly, the soul accepts new material bodies, giving up the old and useless ones.'

(ii) Bhaja Govindam:

'Punarapi jananam punarapi maranam,
    Punarapi janani jatare sayanam,
    Iha samsaare khalu dusthare,
    Krupayaa pare pahi murare'

'Again and again one is born,
    And again and again one dies,
    And again and again one sleeps in the mother’s womb,
    Help me to cross,
    This limitless sea of Life,
    Which is un crossable, my Lord'

2) Karma theory and cycle of rebirth

Karma or past births etc. are talked of, to resolve things and get answers in this life, so that we can deal better with situations that we face.

We are all born with certain dispositions, which are the cumulative effect of past births. Our entire pattern of thinking and the decisions we make, depend upon our samskaras. Therefore, depending upon their own samskaras, different people decide differently in a similar situation.

Past Life

Forgetting one’s previous birth upon taking the next appears to be a law of nature (though a law that apparently has exceptions).

Srimad-Bhagavatam, a Vedic scripture, says that by the trauma of birth a child forgets his previous life.
    In the Srimad Bhagavatam there are instances where devotees have remembered their past lives. Like Jada Bharata could remember his past life as a deer and King Bharata. He could even remember his previous life when he was in the body of a deer.
    "Energy can neither be created nor can be destroyed it can be just transformed from one form to another" and even today’s scientist believe in the presence of souls and they call it some form of energy.

To be continued
Working...
X