Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• method of srartham and tarpanam for non- brahmins

dear sir,
    A week ago, i went to my dearest friend's home to meet him as it was a holiday for him. but i didn't know that that day was his father's srartha tithi. he is a non- brahmin. instead of doing
    srartham in aama roopam, etc. he put kumkumam, santhanam and offered a dheeparadhanai and also a leaf full of meals. he then ate it. i asked what is he doing. he said that it was his family tradition to offer what is called 'padaiyal' to the dead people. then after a brief conversation about his health and our school days, i came back home. i said about this to vadhyar and he said that it was a method of sankalpa srartham. my question is that is their method of srartham is against the sastras? is there any method of tarpanam and srartham for non brahmins? if yes kindly provid me its mantra prayogam. if not why is there not a seperate method if srartham for them? do they need to follow yajurveda apastamba srartha and tarpana mantras.
    with regards,

sundarrajan

Re: method of srartham and tarpanam for non- brahmins

Originally posted by Sundarrajan53 View Post
    dear sir,
    A week ago, i went to my dearest friend's home to meet him as it was a holiday for him. but i didn't know that that day was his father's srartha tithi. he is a non- brahmin. instead of doing
    srartham in aama roopam, etc. he put kumkumam, santhanam and offered a dheeparadhanai and also a leaf full of meals. he then ate it. i asked what is he doing. he said that it was his family tradition to offer what is called 'padaiyal' to the dead people. then after a brief conversation about his health and our school days, i came back home. i said about this to vadhyar and he said that it was a method of sankalpa srartham. my question is that is their method of srartham is against the sastras? is there any method of tarpanam and srartham for non brahmins? if yes kindly provid me its mantra prayogam. if not why is there not a seperate method if srartham for them? do they need to follow yajurveda apastamba srartha and tarpana mantras.
    with regards,

sundarrajan
    Sri:
    Sorry, I don't know anything about non-brahmin rituals
    and even I don't know whether there is a separate shastra scriptures for them.
    But, one thing I know,
    a non-brahmin will get punished only 1 part out of 1000th of a brahmin for the same mistake / dhosha.

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
    please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
    Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
    Best Wishes and Best Regards,
    Dr.NVS

Comment

Re: method of srartham and tarpanam for non- brahmins

thank you for your reply. no problem

Comment

Working...
      X