Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tharpana clarification for sapathni maathru

Dear sir,
    My chithappa was having 2 wives. One dead and another one alive. He had a son from his second wife but no children from the first wife. It was the reason for his 2nd marriage. Two years ago the first wife died and my brother( chithappa's 2nd wife's son) did his funerals and annual srartham. Now 12 days ago my chithappa died of heart attack. His biological mother is alive. Now he asked me that how he should do tharpanam for his maathru and mathamaha vargam. Both my chithappa's wives are born to the same parent, i.e., mathamahar is same. Now he asked that whether should he do tharpanam saying sapathni maathru, pithamahi, prapithamahi, pithu prapithamahi or avoid pithu prapithamahi? Vadhyar says that we should do tharpanam for pithu prapithamahi also. He also said that he should do sumangali prarthanai before upanayanam, etc.even though his mother is a widow. He said this as we asked him. When he asked about whether he should do mathamaha and sapathni mathamaha varga tharpanam , he said it is enough he does mathamaha varga tharpanam as both are same. Now my question is that is our vadhyar correct in his answers? Or is there any other alternative answers for his questions about tharpanam and sumangali prarthanai? Please kindly reply to me as soon as possible sir. I have to inform him.

Re: Tharpana clarification for sapathni maathru

Sri:
    Don't have time to read large contents.

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
    please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
    Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
    Best Wishes and Best Regards,
    Dr.NVS

Comment

Dear sir,
      If sapathni maatha died as sumangali and own maatha is alive what is the tharpana mantram? Should he perform sumangali prarthanai for his sapathni maatha? Should he tharpanam two times for maathamaha vargam if both of his mothers have same parents? These are my qns sir. Please kindly answer as soon as possible sir.

Comment

Originally posted by Sundarrajan53 View Post
        Dear sir,
        If sapathni maatha died as sumangali and own maatha is alive what is the tharpana mantram? Should he perform sumangali prarthanai for his sapathni maatha? Should he tharpanam two times for maathamaha vargam if both of his mothers have same parents? These are my qns sir. Please kindly answer as soon as possible sir.
        Do not combine Sumangali Prarthanai with tarpanam
        because it is not done towards any one person but for all demised Sumangalies of a family.

As per my little knowledge (may not be correct) no need to do tarpanam for sapatni maata if she has a son for her.

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
        please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
        Dr.NVS

Comment

Sir my brother's sapathni maatha had no sons. So only my chithappa married 2nd wife. Through the 2nd wife only my brother was born.

Comment

Originally posted by Sundarrajan53 View Post
            Sir my brother's sapathni maatha had no sons. So only my chithappa married 2nd wife. Through the 2nd wife only my brother was born.
            I have not encountered any such situation so far in my vaideeka life,
            so I am not sure about the answer.
            Sorry.

Dr.NVS

Comment

Working...
            X