Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Hanumanji Communicated with MA Sita at Asoaka Vanam ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Hanumanji Communicated with MA Sita at Asoaka Vanam ?

How Hanumanji Communicated with MA Sita at Asoaka Vanam ?

In which Language did Hanumanji Communicated with MA Sita?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A) Valmiki Ramayana it is said that Lord Hanuman spoke in Sanskrit
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Valmiki RAMAYAN WE FIND

Book V: Sundara Kanda - Book Of Beauty
    Chapter [Sarga] 30

Hanumanji falls in a dilemma whether to console Seetha or to remain silent. Finally Hanuman decides to console Seetha, by eulogizing Rama's attributes in a sweet voice, so that Seetha can give credence to his words.

aham hi atitanuH caiva vanaraH ca visheShataH |
    vaacam ca udaahariShyaami maanuShiim iha samskR^itaam || 5-30-17
    17. aham tu= I, however; atitanushcha= am very small; visheSataH= and particularly vaanarashcha= a money; iha= and now; udaahariSyaami= can speak; samskR^itaam= Sanskrit; maanuSiim= the human; vaachumcha= langugae too.

"However, I am very small in stature, particularly as a monkey and can speak now Sanskrit, the human language too."

yadi vaacam pradaasyaami dvijaatiH iva samskR^itaam |
    raavaNam manyamaanaa maam siitaa bhiitaa bhaviShyati || 5-30-18
    vaanarasya visheSeNa kathaM syaadabhibhaaSaNamm |

18. pradaasyaami yadi= If I use; samkR^itaam vaacham= Sankrit language; dvijaatiriva= like a brahmin; siitaa= Seetha; bhiita bhaviSyati= well become frightened; masyamaanaa= thinking; maam= me; raavaNam= as Ravana; visheSeNa= especially; vaanarasya= for a monkey; katham= how; syaat= can it be; abhibhaaSaNam= spoken?

"If I use Sanskrit language like a brahmin, Seetha will get frightened, thinking me as Ravana. Especially, how can a monkey speak.

avashyam eva vaktavyam maanuSham vaakyam arthavat || 5-30-19
    mayaa saantvayitum shakyaa na anyathaa iyam aninditaa |

19. avashyameva= certainly; arthavat= meaningful words; maanuSam= of a human being; vaktavyam= are to be spoken; mayaa= by me; anyathaa= otherwise; iyam= she; aninditaa= the irreproachable; na shakyaa= cannot be; saantvayitum= consoled.

"Certainly, meaningful words of a human being are to be spoken by me. Otherwise, the virtuous Seetha cannot be consoled."

ikShvaakuuNaam variShThasya raamasya vidita aatmanaH || 5-30-42
    shubhaani dharma yuktaani vacanaani samarpayan |
    shraavayiShyaami sarvaaNi madhuraam prabruvan giram || 5-30-43
    shraddhaasyati yathaa hi iyam tathaa sarvam samaadadhe |

42, 43. samarpayan= offering; shubhaani= auspicious; dharma yuktaani= righteous; vachanaani= words; raamasya= about Rama; variSThasya= the most excellent man; ikSvaakuuNaam= in Ikshvaaku dynasty; viditaatmanaH= and possessing a learned soul; prabruvan= and speaking; madhuraam= in a sweet; giram= voice; samaadade shraavayiSyaami sarvaani= I shall make everything intelligible; iyam= that Seetha; yathaa tathaa= rightly; shraddhaasyati= believes; sarvam= everything.

"Offering auspicious and righteous words about Rama the most excellent prince Ikshvaku dynasty who possesses a learned soul and myself speaking in a sweet voice, I shall make everything intelligible so that Seetha rightly believes everything."

Can we accept this as conclusive evidence that Lord Hanuman communicated with Ma Sita Devi in Sanskrit? Is there any evidence to show Sanskrit as Spoken Language during Treta Yuga?

B) Lord Rama was born in Ayodya and Ma Sita was in Mythili, Different Language in Ayodya and Mythili

C) In this link we find that Hanumanji spoke in Prakrit, as distinct from arya-vaacas as explained below )
    (refined Samskr.tam which was the refined language spoken by Ravana)

In what language did Hanuman converse with Sita in Asokavanam ?

D) Probably in Kamba Ramayan, one may find reference to that Hanumanji communicated with Ma Sita in Tamil.

F) Ramayan was written in many Languages, and there may be a claim that Hanumanji spoke in the Language in which Ramayan was written

Hanumanji Spoke to Ma Sita in Prakrit Language only

Based on Ralph T. Griffith's translation of Valmiki Ramayana â€"
    Book V, Canto XXX, Hanuman's deliberation; Muir comments in Sanskrit Texts,
    Part II, p. 166: '(the reference to language of a common man) may perhaps be
    understood not as a language in which words different from Sanskrit were
    used, but the employment of formal and elaborate diction.' Yes,
    indeed, Samskr.tam as aryavaacas was differentiated from Prakrit as
    mlecchavaacas only by formality and grammatical refinement of diction.]

In this passage, the reference to the language of a common man is a
    reference to mleccha- vaacas (Prakrit) as distinct from arya-vaacas.

Mleccha was the language of the riverine-maritime Sarasvati Civilization from about6500 BCE and Mlecchita Vikalpa was the script used for the inscriptions of thecivilization, using the rebus principle (using glyphs to represent similar soundingwords) to convey messages using Sarasvati hieroglyphs (both signs and pictorialmotifs).

The word Prakrit itself has a flexible definition, being defined sometimes as "original, natural, artless, normal, ordinary, usual", or "vernacular", in contrast to the literary and religious orthodoxy of Sanskrit. Alternatively, Prakrit can be taken to mean "derived from an original," which means evolved in natural way. Prakrit is foremost a native term, designating "vernaculars" as opposed to Sanskrit.

Prakrits were originally seen as "lower" forms of language, the influence they had on Sanskrit, allowing it to be more easily used by the common people, as well as "Sankritization" of Prakrits gave Prakrits progressively higher cultural cachet.

Sanskrit eventually gave rise to the Prakrit (natural or common) languages, which, in turn, gave rise to the modern Indian languages of today such as Hindi, Bengali, Marathi, Gujarati, Nepali and Singhalese.

Hence , we can safely assume Hindi was not the Spoken Language of Ayodya and Prakrit was the spoken Language of Ayodya and Hanuman spoke this common Language To MA SITA

The Prakrits became literary languages, generally patronized by ancient Indian kings identified with the Kshatriya Varna of Hinduism.

The various Prakrit languages are associated with different patron dynasties, with different religions and different literary traditions, as well as different regions of the Indian subcontinent. Each Prakrit represents a distinct tradition of literature within the history of India .

The oldest inscriptions in India are in Prakrit languages, not in Sanskrit.

Sanskrit was never a language of Masses. It was even not spoken by Brahmins. It was just a language rituals and Vedic literature of later time.

Though Hanuman has the general look of a monkey, in the Ramayana period—Treta-yuga, hundreds of thousands of years ago—such monkeys were more like human beings. Valmiki makes this clear when he writes about their speech, clothing, funerals, dwelling places, consecration festivals, and so on. Hanuman and the Vanaras, then, were half- monkey, half-human. But they were unmistakably empowered semi- divine beings as well. They could take on any form or, at their will, become large or small. They had all mystic yogic perfections in full. Valmiki writes that Hanuman could leap into the air like a super-powered being.

“He speaks words which are pure, well-composed, amazing, fluent, auspicious, and pleasing to the heart.” (Lord Rama speaking to Lakshmana about Hanuman, Valmiki Ramayana, Kishkindha Kand, 3.32)

Sources:

hinduism./hanuman.

.jayahanuman./jayahanuman/history.

Google search

Hanuman: The Emblem of Pure Service | Krishna com

Prakrit – Wikipedia.

Other site sites

(This post is for sharing knowledge only, no intention to violate any copy rights )
Working...
X