X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PILLAYAR LESSON

Pillayar Lesson

( imaginary story with a moral lesson )

Pillayar sitting under a Tree just on the banks of a Temple Tank and i used to put Daily one Rupee coin in Pillayar Hundi whenever i pass through that place .

It so happened , Yesterday when i was walking I passed that place in the morning , I did not have any one rupee coin, had only 5 Rupee Coin, so I decided not to put that in the Hundi, and decided to put Re one in evening .

Somehow Pillayar came to know my thought, and probably seeing me with his corner eyes!!

When I walked a few distance on the road, to my surprise I found a Ten Rupee Coin lying, I cautiously took it, and saw that no one was noticing it...

(But there is no Secret place anywhere in the world and all the time God is watching you along with Pancha Bhoothams )

Thought of putting that Ten Rupee Coin in the Hundi as that money does not belong to me.. I went to Pillayar again dropped that Ten rupee Coin; and prayed that the person who lost it may be compensated; Pillayar noticed that too...

I was walking again, and saw an young boy about 10 year old , was searching on the road for something probably he had lost, and I was wondering whether he was that person who had lost that Rupee Ten...

He looked at me curiously and before I could avoid his probing eyes, asked me

(பெரியவரே , பத்து ரூபா ரோட்ல பார்த்தாயா ?) Periyavare, did you see any Ten rupee coin on the Road...

I could not say NO, and I told him " I saw Ten Rupee coin on the Road and took it and dropped it in Pillayar Hundi.".

He asked “Who are you to drop that coin not belonging to you put in the Pillayar Hundi?"

(நீ யாரு அந்த ரூபாவை பிள்ளையாருக்கு போட ? அது உன்னுடையது இல்லையே)

I did not have an answer. I remembered a Tamil proverb
    வழி தேங்காயை பிள்ளையாருக்கு உடைத்த கதை மாதிரி

I told him , sari pa .. take this ten ruppee from me... I gave him two five rupee coins...

He refused and told me

“If you wish to put money in Pillayar Hundi, Put your Money only...” and he walked few steps and turned and told me again ..."and if you happen to find money on the road , give that to any poor...."

Pillayar again seeing me with his corner eyes...
Working...
X