Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KARMA AND LORD KRISHNA

Karma and Lord Krishna

In Bhagavad-gita Krishna says that He is not bound by anyactivity within the material world. Even though He is responsible for thecreation, maintenance and destruction of the whole cosmic manifestation, noneof these activities carry any reaction for Him. The laws of karma manifest fromKrishna, but they cannot affect Him, because He is not a part of the materialworld where the laws have effect.

And yet everything that is created does not rest in Me. BeholdMy mystic opulence! Although I am the maintainer of all living entities andalthough I am everywhere, I am not a part of this cosmic manifestation, for MySelf is the very source of creation. Bg 9.5

The whole cosmic order is under Me. Under My will it isautomatically manifested again and again, and under My will it is annihilatedat the end.O Dhananjaya, all this work cannot bind Me. I am ever detached fromall these material activities, seated as though neutral. Bg 9. 8-9

PURPORT

The Lord is always neutral, although He has His hand in every sphere of activity. In the Vedanta-sutra (2.1.34) it is stated, vaisamya-nairghrnye na: He isnot situated in the dualities of this material world. He is transcendental to these dualities. Nor is He attached to the creation and annihilation of this material world. The living entities take their different forms in the various species of life according to their past deeds, and the Lord doesn't interfere with them. Krishna becomes neither transformed nor entangled in material events and their reactions because He always remains aloof and detached.

Not just Krishna but His devotees are also free from the bondage of karma, which is nothing but the reactions to activities.

One who acts in devotional service,renouncing the fruits of his actions, and whose doubts have been destroyed by transcendental knowledge, is situated factually in the self. Thus he is not bound by the reactions of work, O conqueror of riches. Bg 4.41

Source: Web search

This post is for sharing knowledge only, no intention to violate any copy rights
Working...
X