Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aksharabyasam on Vijayadasami Day

'Aksharabyasam' on Vijayadasami day

I was taken to School way back in 1944, when i was hardly 5 year old by Maternal Grand Father.. I was carrying a Slate, a Chalk Piece to write on it!!

( How i remembered that because i was Crying, and on seeing Teacher, More Crying, because he had a Stick in his hand )

My first Letter Learning was Tamil Letter 'அ' ஆ, இ and so on

So does every children in Tamilnadu on Vijayadasami day even to day , but from the age of 3 itself!!

Every Human Starts leaning even when they are in their Mother's Womb

Babies only hours old are able to differentiate between sounds from their native language and a foreign language, scientists have discovered.

In the Hindu epic, Mahabharata, Abhimanyu (Arjun's son) who is said to have learnt a war skill when he was in the womb of his mother. He could only learn to decode and enter the trap (Chakarvyuh) because by that time her mother felt asleep

This shows even before Western Scientists have found this our Great Rishis found this

Now coming to 'Aksharabyasam' on Vijayadasami day

Vidyarambham (Malayalam: വിദ്യാരംഭം, Tamil: வித்யாரம்பம்) also called Akshara Abhyasam or Vidya Arambham is an important Hindu tradition that is observed on the Vijayadashami day. This ceremony is also known as ‘Ezhuthiniruthu’ in the southern states of India like Karnataka and Kerala.

In this ritual young children aged between 3-5 years are introduced to the world of knowledge, music, dance and some forms of folk arts. The observance of Vidyarambham marks the final and tenth day of the Navratri celebrations and is considered to be an auspicious day for initiating the learning process, especially in young children. This ceremony is performed in temples and even few households. The process of initiation and learning is closely linked to the ‘Ayudha Puja’ ritual.
    According to the beliefs, it is on the day of Vidyarambham that Goddess Saraswati, the Hindu Goddess of knowledge and wisdom, and Gurus or teachers should be presented with ‘Gurudakshina’ as a token for Thanksgiving. Vidyarambham ceremony is very renowned in the ‘Thunchan Parambu Temple’ in Kerala and ‘Kollur Mookambika Temple’ in Karnataka.
    Source: prokerala.

This post is for sharing knowledge only, no intention to violate any copy rights
    Last edited by Padmanabhan.J; 07-10-19, 08:34.
Working...
X