Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Kulesekara Azhwar is called as Kulasekara Perumal ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Kulesekara Azhwar is called as Kulasekara Perumal ?

Why Kulasekara Azhwar is called as Kulasekara Perumal?

1) Emotional Reality (from Guru Parampara Prabhavam):

Once, in a discourse, an Upanyasakar was narrating the account of battle between Lord Rama and the 14,000 asuras headed by Ravana’s brothers Kara and Dhooshna. The battle was described in detail as if it was taking place in front of them.

Valmiki Ramayana, Aranya Kanda, Chapter 26, Verse 35 was rendered with meaning and commentary.

‘caturdasha sahasraani raksasaam bhiima karmanaam |
    hataani ekena raamena maanusena padaatinaa ||’ 3-26-35

Thus that Rama, A LONE ONE, THAT TOO A FOOT-SOLDIER, has eliminated fourteen thousand demons of frightening exploits.

King Kulasekara was so engrossed in the narration that he ordered his army general to immediately dispatch the soldiers, elephants and horses and the king himself readied himself for battle to give a helping hand to Sri Rama. It took some time for the king to realize the Ramavatar took place long ago in Treta Yuga. Such was Kulasekara’s bhakti for Rama.

Guru Parampara Prabhavam, (the Six Thousand), Tamil, Edited by S. Krishnaswamy Iyengar, Second Edition, 1975, Page 35 &36 Total Pages 626.

2) Kulasekara Perumal title given by Lord Rama (hearsay, but not in Guru Parampara Prabhavam):

It is said that Lord Rama appeared in his dream that night and said,” Kulasekara, I am deeply moved by your readiness to offer me help in the battle. Since you are having deep affection for me, you did not realize my strength and parakramam. We can win asuras with no effort; you are acting just like Lakshmana, who is also attached to me deeply. From today you will be called Kulasekara Perumal like Elayaperumal Lakshmana."

Kulasekara Perumal title given by Lord Rama (hearsay, but not in Guru Parampara Prabhavam):

It is said that Lord Rama appeared in his dream that night and said,” Kulasekara, I am deeply moved by your readiness to offer me help in the battle. Since you are having deep affection for me, you did not realize my strength and parakramam. We can win asuras with no effort; you are acting just like Lakshmana, who is also attached to me deeply. From today you will be called Kulasekara Perumal like Elayaperumal Lakshmana."

Even today he is revered as Kulasekara Perumal. The pasurams he sang were compiled under “Perumal Thirumozhi”. One can see his feeling of deep regret for not being born during Sri Rama’s time in his pasurams.

There is a saying, "Perumalai ariyaadaar Perumaalai Ariyaare"

It means that those who do not know of Sri Kulasekhara Perumal will not know Sri Rama, the Perumal. The Azhwar shared the same asterism 'Punarvasu' with Lord Rama, the Perumaal. Like Sri Rama he was also born in a royal lineage and became himself an emperor. Like Sri Rama he also did aradhana of "Periya Perumal Sri Ranganatha". This Azhwar is therefore respectfully called Sri Kulasekhara Perumal and his pasurams called the "Perumaal Thirumozhi".

Source; 4krsna.wordpress.
    valmikiramayan
    C. Sri Vidya Rajagopalan
    Flute

This post is for Sharing Knowledge only, no intention to violate any copy rights
Working...
X