Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chakshuspanishat and other Mantras for eyesight

Chakshushopanishat and other mantras for eyesight

Mantra is a specific formulation of letters or words, designed to elicit certain virbations in your body and to attain a specific purpose.

Indians can identify these, although I have found most of these while researching alternate methods to improve eyesight and had never heard of them previously.

These are definitely without any adverse side effects. So go ahead, if you can get the pronunciation right. Don’t worry about it too much, it’s the thought that counts !

Or you can just listen in, using the video links below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xn8fjM5dg4M

very nice chanting

https://myspace.com/variousartists-4...74063-42051342
    Or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a-7UD9rebQ

Another version (slightly longer)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JTuzuKfYl0

Chakshushopanishad

(Chakshu=eyes, upanishads are ancient documents of knowledge)

Sun is supposed to give energy and life to the entire planet, and strength to eyes. This prayer is for relief from eye diseases and for attaining brilliant vision.Its reading /chanting alone is sufficient. The vision is enhanced and eyes become brilliant. The prayer is addressed to Lord Surya and it is prayed that by relieving me from my own bad karma from the past life, instill light in my eyes and cure all my eye diseases. It is said that one who reads this upanishad daily will never suffer from eye diseases and there will not be any blind in his family. The prayer ends with salutations to Sri Maha Vishnu.

It is best recommended to recite the following slokha during Sun-rise time in the early morning minimum twelve times consequently, daily, (if possible 28 time to get more and quicker effect) after taking bath and with empty stomach. A copper tumbler full of water should be kept in front while reciting and then on completion, two drops of water should be dropped on each eye and the remainder be consumed. The Aqua-phonetic vibrations absorbed in the water has potential curative effect which one can experience after continuous recital for consecutive 48 days. If the effects are minimal, then continue again for another 48 days (one mandalam = 48 days). It can be continued for 3 Mandalams for more effective results.

Music and positive thoughts have been shown to have beneficial effects on living organisms. Please see this link for an explanation how your chanting can have a healing effect through water.

http://www.mindpowermp3.com/Emoto-Ho...ans-to-Us.html

Chakshushopanishad

Chakshushopanishad in English

Recite it 12 times every morning with water in front of you in copper/ silver glass, then touch few drops of water to both eyes and drink the rest.

cure eye related diseases.

Asyah chakshushi vidyah
    Ahirbudyna rushih gayatri chandah suryo devatha chakshu roga nivruttaye viniyoga
    Om Chakshush Chakshush Chakshush tejah sthiro bhav, maam paahi paahi,
    twaritam chakshurogaan shamaya shamaya
    mam jaataroopam tejo darshay darshay,
    yathaaham andho na syaam tathaa kalpay kalpay,
    kalyaanam kuru kuru,
    yaani mama poorva janmopaarjitaani Chakshush
    pratirodhakdushkrutaani,
    sarvaani nirmoolay nirmoolay |
    Om namashchakshu shtejodaatre divyabhaaskaraay,
    Om namah karoonaakaraayaamrutaay,
    Om namo bhagavate shree suryaay akshitejase namah,
    Om khecharaay namah, mahate namah,
    rajase namah, tamase namah,
    asato maa sadgamay, tamaso maa jyotirgamay,
    mrutyormaaamrutam gamay,
    ushno bhagavaan shuchiroopah hanso bhagavaan suchir pratiroopah |
    Ya imam chakshushmatim vidyam
    Brahmano nitya madheeyathe
    Na tasya akshi rogo bhavathi
    Na tasya kule andhor bhavathi
    Ashtow brahmanan graha itva
    Vidya siddhir bhavathi
    vishvaroopam ghranitam jaatvedasam hiranyamayam jyotiroopam tapantam |
    Sahastrarashmih shatadhaa vartamaanah purah prajaanaam udayatyesh
    suryah ||
    Om namo bhagavate aadityaay akshitejase-aho vaahini aho vaahini
    swaahaa |

(Optional verses-
    Om vayah suparnaah upasedurindram, priymedhaa rishayo naadhamaanaah |
    apa dhvaantamoornuhi poordhi chakshuh, mumugdhyasmaannidhayev
    baddhaan ||

Om pundareekaakshaay namah, Om pushkarekshanaay namah,
    Om kamalekshanaay namah, Om vishvaroopaay namah,
    Om shree mahaavishnave namah, Om suryanaaraayanaay namah |
    Om shaantih shaantih shaantih ||)

Meaning of Chakshushopanishad

This Chaakshushhopanishhad is in Sanskrit. This is a stotra of God Surya. Anybody reciting this stotra daily with concentration, faith and devotion becomes free from all eye diseases.

1. Ahirbughnya is Rushi of this Chaakshushi Vidya. Gayatri is Chanda, and God Surya is devata of this Chaakshushi Vidya. I am reciting this vidya for removing my eye disease.

2 Om! O! God Surya let your luster, light be settled in my eyes. Please protect me. Protect me. Please remove my eye disease immediately. Remove my eye disease immediately.

3 Please show me your gold like luster. Please show me light which shows your power. Please make something and see that I will not become blind. Please think about my welfare. Bestow welfare to me.

4 I had committed sins in my previous births which are resulting in my eye disease. Please make me free from this bad effect of my sins and remove all my sins of my earlier births also.

5 Om! I bow God Bhaskara (surya) since you are the cause of creating light, luster in my (everybody’s) eyes. Om! Very kind God Surya, you are nectar (Amrut). Hence I bow to you. I bow to god Surya.
    6 Om! I bow to him (God Surya) who is Luster of my eyes. I bow to him (God Surya) who is always sporting (travelling) in the sky. I bow to him (God Surya) who is behind everybody’s inspiration of (Rajo guna) doing something useful. I bow to him (God Surya) who has given shelter to darkness (tamo guna).
    7 O! God Surya, please lead me to the truth from non truth. O! God Surya, please raise me to light from darkness. O! God Surya, please make me immortal from mortal.

8 God Surya is representing heat and He is very pious and pure. His luster and light is very powerful and beyond comparison. There is nobody as lustrous as God Surya. Anybody reciting this chakshushopanishad every day becomes free from eye diseases. He will never be a victim of eye disease. Not only has that but nobody from his family become blind. Anybody who teaches (donates) this chakshushi vidya to eight Brahmins, and then this vidya becomes very powerful to him.

Thus here completes this Krishna Yajurvediya chakshushopanishad.

Another sloka from Rigveda

Chakshurno devaha savitha chakshurna uta parvataha:
    Chakshudhorta dadhatoo na ha,Chakshurno dehi chakshuhe
    Chakshurvikhye tanuchyaha,sancheda m vicha paschyema
    Susandrishantva vayam prati paschyema surya:
    vipashyem nrischkshasaha:

This shloka is from Soundaryalahari specially for naethra rogam
    Gathae karnaabhyarnam garutha iva pakshmaani dadhathee
    Puraam bhaeththuh chiththapras(h)amarasa vidraavanaphalae
    Imae naethrae gothraadharapathi kuloththam sakalikae
    thava aakarnaakr(u)shta smaras(h)ara vilaasam kalayathah

Surya gayatri mantra

Om adityaya vidmahe
    sahara kiranaya dheemahi
    tanno bhanu prachodayat

(may chant upto 108 times)

Another Surya mantra

Om hreem ghrinihi surya aditya shreem om (10-28 times)

Lalitham mantra
    Lalitham Lambodaram
    Lalitham Bhaskaram
    Lalitham Balachandram

Sri Ram mantra

Om namo ramji dhani lakshman ke baan
    aankh dard kare to lakshman kuvar ki aan
    meri bhakthi guru ki shakthi
    phuro mantra eeswaro vacha
    satya naam adesh guru ko
    (chant 10,000 times to obtain siddhi, then every single recital gives effect; or chant 144 times on Diwali night)

Source: sathvishayam

This post is for sharing knowledge only, no intention to violate any copy rights
Working...
X