X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is a True Devotee ?

Who is a True Devotee?

The Brahmin and the Cobbler Story

Narada Muni was once asked by a brahmana, "Oh, are you going to meet the Lord? Will you please ask Him when I'm going to get my salvation?"

"All right," Narada agreed. "I shall ask Him."

As Narada proceeded, he met a cobbler who was sitting under a tree mending shoes, and the cobbler similarly asked Narada, "Oh, are you going to see God? Will you please inquire of Him when my salvation will come?"

When Narada went to the Vaikuntha planets, he fulfilled their request and asked Narayana about the salvation of the brahmana and the cobbler.

Narayana replied, "After leaving this body, the cobbler shall come here to Me." "What about the brahmana?" Narada asked. "He will have to remain there for a number of births. I do not know when he is coming."

Narada Muni was astonished, and he finally said, "I cannot understand the mystery of this." "That you will see," Narayana said. "When they ask you what I am doing in My abode, tell them that I am threading the eye of a needle with an elephant."

When Narada Muni returned to earth and approached the brahmana, the brahmana said, "Oh, you have seen the Lord? What was he doing?" "He was threading an elephant through the eye of a needle," Narada answered. "I don't believe such nonsense," the brahmana replied. Narada could immediately understand that the man had no faith and that he was simply a reader of books.

Narada then left and went on to the cobbler, who asked him, "Oh, you have seen the Lord? Tell me, what was he doing?" "He was threading an elephant through the eye of a needle," Narada replied.

The cobbler began to weep. "Oh, my Lord is so wonderful, He con do anything."
    "Do you really believe that the Lord can push an elephant through the eye of a needle?" Narada asked.

"Why not?" the cobbler said. "Of course I believe it."
    "How is that?" Narada asked.

"You can see that I am sitting under this banyan tree." the cobbler answered, "and you can see that so many fruits are falling daily, and in each seed there is a banyan tree like this one. If within a small seed there can be a big tree like this, it is not difficult to accept that the Lord is pushing an elephant through the eye of a needle?"

MORAL: "Even though one may have gone to the other side of all the Vedas, and even though one is well versed in all the revealed scriptures, if one is not a devotee of the Supreme Lord Sriman Narayana , he must be considered not fit to go to Heaven

Source: donnaquesada.wordpress

This post is for Sharing Knowledge only,no intention to violate any copy rights
Working...
X