• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MORNING PRAYERS

Morning Prayers

One should wake up during Brahmamuhurta and recite the following Sloka

KARAAGRE VASATE LAKSHAMIH KARMADHYA SARSWATI,
    KARMOOLE STHITO BRAHMAA PRABHAATE KARDARSHANAM

( Sri Laxmi dwells in the foremost part of the palm, Sri Saraswati in the middle part of the palm, at the base of the palm resides Brahma)

Seeing the palms of the hand in the morning not only begins a good day , but also it turns the bad lines into good lines.

BHOOMI VANDANA (SALUTATION TO MOTHER EARTH)

After getting up from the Bed and before keeping your feet down on the Bhoomi (Mother Earth) do salutations to Bhoomi and also beg for pardon for the helplessness of putting your feet on her, by saying this shloka.

SAMUDRAVASANE DEVI PARVATASTANMANDITE,
    VISHNU PATNI NASTUBHYAM PAADSPARSHAM KSHAMASVAME

(Salutations to the wife of Lord Vishnu, Vasundhara (Earth), whose Vastra (Apparels) are SAMUDRA (Oceans), and whose STANA (Breast) are the Mountains. Forgive me for the sin, by putting my feet upon you.)

Next , after doing morning rituals, including taking a shower, go to pooja room and light a lamp and scented bathi and recite this sloka:

Shubham karoti kalyanam aarogyam dhanasampada,
    Shatru buddhivinashaaya deepajyotir namostute.

(I salute the One who is the lamplight, that brings auspiciousness,
    prosperity, good health, abundance of wealth, and the destruction
    of the intellect’s enemy)

Lighting a lamp infront of the God or in the pooja room is not only believed to be auspicious but its also defined as Lord himself because light defines spiritual knowledge and the Lord is the chaitanya (knowledge principle) who is the main source and illuminator of Knowledge.

Chinmayananda says
    “Where there is light, darkness cannot be;
    Where knowledge has come, ignorance must quit.”

This is as per the guidelines of Chimaya

THIS POST IS FOR SHARING KNOWLEDGE ONL, NO INTENTION TO VIOLATE ANY COPY RIGHTS
Working...
X