X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request NVS Sir to confirm the time of Brahma Muhurtha

Request NVS Sir to confirm the time of Brahma Muhurtha

Calculation of Brahma Muhurtam:

Brahma Muhurat starts 96 minutes before Sunrise. It lasts for about 48 minutes and ends 48 minutes before Sunrise.

1 Muhurta = 48 minutes

1 day = 30 Muhurtas

(Brahma Muhurta is the 2nd last Muhurta before Sun-rise i.e., 1 hr 36 min before Dawn)

Origin of Brahma Muhurat or Brahmee Muhurtham:

Sage Kashyap married to Vinata and Kadru. Brahma granted a boon to Kadru to have 1000 serpent sons; Vinata was also granted a boon to have two powerful sons. Kadru and Vinata gave birth to 1000 eggs and Two eggs respectively. Both the mothers kept their eggs in separate pots so that they could hatch. After 500 years, Kadru's pot broke up and she had her 1000 sons. Vinata couldn't wait to see her sons, she had prematurely hatched one of the eggs. A half developed child emerged from the egg and he was named Aruna.

Aruna was born without thighs. His other names are Anooru- One who has no thighs, Vipada- One who has no feet.

The intensity of Sun was burning everything into ashes. Then Brahma ordered Aruna to stand as a Charioteer of Surya Bhagavan(Sun God). When Aruna stood in front of Sun, the intensity reduced to a great extent. From that day, Aruna took charge as a
    Charioteer of the Sun. Brahma was pleased with the services of Aruna to all living beings. He was granted a boon. The boon is "Whatever the duration of Aruna's stay on Earth will be hereafter known as Brahma Muhurtam and such Muhurtam will not have evil influence of Planets, Stars, Thithi etc." Brahma Muhurtam is ever auspicious.

A huge pillar like Dwajastambha can be seen in Sun Temples. The pillar is referred as Aruna stambha or Aruna pillar as a mark of respect for the Charioteer of Sun.

http://stotrapushpalu.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/brahma-muhurta-time.html

Re: Request NVS Sir to confirm the time of Brahma Muhurtha

Dear Padmanabhan Sir,
    Let me have some time to reply this.
    Reading and replying for long postings will take some time for me,
    due to attend lot of emails, chats, phone calls from various sources.
    dasan,
    nvs

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
    please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
    Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
    Best Wishes and Best Regards,
    Dr.NVS

Comment

Sri:

Calculation of Brahma Muhurtam:

Brahma Muhurat starts 96 minutes before Sunrise. It lasts for about 48 minutes and ends 48 minutes before Sunrise.

1 Muhurta = 48 minutes

1 day = 30 Muhurtas

(Brahma Muhurta is the 2nd last Muhurta before Sun-rise i.e., 1 hr 36 min before Dawn)
      Dear Sri.Padmanabhan Sir,
      With my limited knowledge, and limited resources,
      I could not find reference about Muhurtha Calculations as given above.

In our experience from long since (time unknown),
      we are calculating 90 minutes per Muhurtham, which is alternatively called "மூணே முக்கால் நாழிகை"
      in Tamil.
      1 Nazhigai = 24 minutes
      1 full day consists of 60 Nazhigai
      Day time = 30 Nazhigai
      and
      Night Time = 30 Nazhigai
      Still all Tamil Panchangams are prepared in this basis only.
      So, what I know about "Brahma Muhurtam" is one and half an hour before sun rise of the new day,
      which does not depend on any calculation.
      I mean, there is no definition or calculation given for Brahma Muhurtam in our resources.

One Lagnam is about 2 hours aprox
      out of that we will fix the muhurtham for one and half an hour for any subhams,
      with several conditions like Rahu Kaalam, YamaKandam "Thotta Lagnam", "Vitta Lagnam" etc.

Now a days, these formalities are not strictly followed and human convenient is taken preference.
      regards,
      nvs

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
      please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
      Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
      Best Wishes and Best Regards,
      Dr.NVS

Comment

Dear NVS Sir regarding Muhurtha neram I too have heard only what you have explained( ie 90mts 3 3/4 Nazhigai ) from some of my astrologer friends and elders Actually i was waiting for your opinion on this post so far

Comment

Working...
        X