Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sri Damodarashtakam

Sri Damodarashtakam

The Damodarastakam prayers, composed by Satyavrata muni, beautifully describe the damodara pastime, in which Yasoda binds mischievous Krishna to a grinding mortar. The prayers also give information about God, His devotees, and the science of devotional service. The essential lessons we learn from the pastime and the Damodarastakam prayers is that the all-pervading, allpowerful Lord is easily conquered by the love of His devotee and that the love-saturated devotees desire nothing except to constantly hear and glorify His pastimes.

O Lord damodara, although You are able to give all kinds of benedictions, I do not pray to You for the boon of impersonal liberation, nor for the highest liberation of eternal life in vaikuntha, nor for any other, similar boon. o Lord, I simply wish that this form of Yours as baby Gopala in vrindavana may ever be manifest in my heart, for what is the use to me of any other boon besides thisn Your supremely enchanting face, encircled by shining locks of dark-blue curling hair, resembles the fully blossomed lotus tinged with a reddish luster due to its being kissed again and again by mother Yasoda. may this vision of Your lotus face, with lips as red as a bimba fruit, remain forever in my heart. millions of other benedictions are of no benefit to me. This prayer reveals the mood of pure devotional service and the life of pure devotees the essence and the sweetness of the month of Karttika.

Sri Damodarashtakam- Traditional ISKCON song for Lord Damodara to be recited in the month of Kartika to receive the grace of Lord Damodara..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z68Ccgk0i64

Source: karttika-lord-krishnas-favorite-month-by-vamsi-vihari-dasa

This post is for sharing knowledge only, no intention to violate any copy rights
Working...
X