Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Many days ( Months ) did Ravana keep Ma Sita Devi Confined in Asoka Vanam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Many days ( Months ) did Ravana keep Ma Sita Devi Confined in Asoka Vanam?

How many days did Ravana keep Ma Sita Devi confined in Asoka Vanam

Ravana kidnapped Sita in the season of Hemanta (comes before winter) and had given Her twelve months time to make up Her decision to accept Ravan. It can be found in this verse:
    शृणु मैथिलि मत् वाक्यम् मासान् द्वादश भामिनि ||
    कालेन अनेन अभ्येषि यदि माम् चारु हासिनि |
    ततः त्वाम् प्रातः आशा अर्थम् सूदाः छेत्स्यन्ति लेशशः || [VR - 3.56.24,25]
    • Meaning

Oh, angry lady Maithili, listen to my words. A period of twelve months is given to you. And oh, happy smiler, if you do not come nigh of me within that period, then the cooks will slice you to pieces for the purpose of a morning meal.
    Hanuman met Sita in Ashok Vatika (2nd September 7292 B.C.), when She told him that only two months of Her life is left, as per this verse:

वर्तते दशमो मासो द्वौ तु शेषौ प्लवम्गम |
    रावणेन नृशंसेन समयो यः कृतो मम ||

• Meaning

Out of the time limit given to me by Ravana for my survival, the tenth month is going on. Only two months are now left.
    And just around 2 months later from the day of Hanuman's meeting with Sita (3rd November 7292 B.C), the final war, to rescue Sita, had started.
    दशैकाधिकमासांस्तुचतुर्दशाहानिमैथिली ।
    उवासरामरहितारावणस्यानिवेशने ।।
    द्विचत्वारिंशकवर्षेरामोराज्यमकारयत ।

Maithill (i.e. Sita) lived without Rama in the house of Ravana for eleven months and fourteen days. Rama ruled (i.e. was consecrated as the king) when he was forty-two years old. At that time SIta had completed thirty-three years. That lord Rama being delighted entered the city Ayodhya at the end of the fourteenth year and with his brothers ruled there.
    Thus, Sita lived without Rama in the house of Ravana for 11 months and 14 days

Ashoka Vanam - The place where Goddess Seetha was kept in Captive by Raavana

NH_v1NX6fBY

hinduism.stackexchange.

quora

This post is for sharing knowledge only, no intention to violate any copy rights
Working...
X