Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 19 Th DECEMBER SUDHAMA Day

19 Th December Sudhama day

In the entire Bagavatham, Vamana Avataram and Kuchela Charithram are my most favorite ones. I can listen to them 1000 times, no problem. I am sure most of you know this – Sudhama is the real name – “Kuchela” is a derived name.

The poverty of Sudhama shows up in his physical form, his torn clothes etc, which got this name. In movies, this character is always portrayed like a joker, which is very wrong. Sudhama was in his highest level of atma sakshathkaram – he was a great mahan! Please listen to Sri Anantharama Dikshitar or Nochur Sri Venkataraman’s lectures on Bhagavatam – amazing…. In my humble opinion, there can’t be any better stories to emphasis the glory of veda and to show that Baghawan is dearest to a true vaideekas. All the servants in the palace have been instructed to treat vaidheekas like emperors.

While greatest emperors wait outside to meet Krishna, Sudhama is brought inside the palace with no wait at all. Krishna and Rukmini are doing padha prakshalanam (sp?) and prokshanam after washing Sudhama’s feet when he visits Krishna’s palace. When Krishna asks Sudhama, “how are you? how is your life?”. Sudhama quickly replies “I am fully contented with your blessings”. Only others know how much his family was suffering etc. Krishna knew this too and He smiles. As the story is known to all of us, He blesses Sudhama with all wealth etc – who wants to leave His most dearest devotee to suffer? It ends nicely.

HH Pudhu Periyava very beautifully says that the phrase “Krishnam Vandhe Jagadgurum” fits Mahaperiyava very aptly. Mahaperiyava was God and Jagadguru like how Krishna is. We have read so many incidents how Periyava respects vaidheekas and helped vaidheekas and his anger erupted like a volcano when any vaidheeka was disrespected by anyone.

Tomorrow Dec 19th is Sudhama’s Day. Let us all pray Sudhama, Lord Krishna and HH Mahaperiyava, HH Pudhu Periyava and HH Bala periyava to bless us with more knowledge and vedic knowledge to progress.

Source:/mahaperiyavaa.blog/

THIS POST IS FOR SHARING KNOWLEDGE ONLY< NO INTENTION TO VIOLATE ANY COPY RIGHTS
Working...
X