X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is GOD ?

Where is God

TAT TVAM ASI

The meaning based on both the difference and oneness aspect is, “You are Brahman”, but not the unlimited or whole Brahman, you are eternal atomic part of the Brahman as described with an example by Srila Prabhupada, i.e. You are Spirit soul (the eternal fragmental part of Supreme) which is different as well not non-different from Brahman. But, Brahman cannot be divided, how is that so then? The Energy and energetic are one and the same like the heat and fire. Similarly, we the eternal and atomic manifestations of his superior energy are his parts.

The absolute truth, i.e. Sri Krishna himself confirms it in the Bhagavad-gita as follows:

Bhagavad-gita 7.5 —

apareyam itas tv anyāṁ
    prakṛtiṁ viddhi me parām
    jīva-bhūtāṁ mahā-bāho
    yayedaṁ dhāryate jagat

“Besides these, O mighty-armed Arjuna, there is another, superior energy of Mine, which comprises the living entities who are exploiting the resources of this material, inferior nature.”
    In the 15th chapter, 7th verse, Lord Krishna says:

Bhagavad-gita 15.7 —

mamaivāṁśo jīva-loke
    jīva-bhūtaḥ sanātanaḥ
    manaḥ-ṣaṣṭhānīndriyāṇi
    prakṛti-sthāni karṣati

“The living entities in this conditioned world are My eternal fragmental parts. Due to conditioned life, they are struggling very hard with the six senses, which include the mind.”

The followers of Advaita sometimes try to give this verse another view like the bodies of the living entities are my (Krishna’s) parts, but here in the verse, Krishna clearly mentioned the word “sanatanah” which means eternal. The bodies of the living entities are not eternal, but temporary.

The same meaning applies for other verses:

• Aham brahmasmi: “I’m the eternal part of the Supreme”.

• Ayamatma brahma: “I’m (or my self is the) eternal part of the Supreme”

• Prajnanam brahma: Knowledge is Brahman.

The fourth statement has a different level. It states the Knowledge (Veda) is Brahman, because it gives direct perception of the self and God, it is non-different from the Supreme Person or Brahman. (The 4th statement also means that the consciousness is Brahman)

Sources:asitis

nitaigaurangablog.wordpress

This post is for sharing knowledge only, no intention to violate any copy rights
    Last edited by Padmanabhan.J; 24-12-19, 08:20.
Working...
X