Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shradham- on Poonyavachanam day

Dear Mama

I need a clarification about the Shradham. One of my friend living in Canada was planning to do Shradham for his father on May 11th. It happened that his brother living in India is blessed with a Male Child and the Pooyavachanam falls on the day of Shradham. Both of them are doing Shardham separately. Should both perform the shradham on the day as planned or postpone it to the next month Krishnapaksha thiruthya thithi. Please clarify.

Thanks mama for your time and help.

Adyen dasan.

Regards

Indalur-ranga

Re: shradham- on Poonyavachanam day

Originally posted by Indalur-ranga View Post
    Dear Mama

I need a clarification about the Shradham. One of my friend living in Canada was planning to do Shradham for his father on May 11th. It happened that his brother living in India is blessed with a Male Child and the Pooyavachanam falls on the day of Shradham. Both of them are doing Shardham separately. Should both perform the shradham on the day as planned or postpone it to the next month Krishnapaksha thiruthya thithi. Please clarify.

Thanks mama for your time and help.

Adyen dasan.

Regards

Indalur-ranga
    Sri:
    Why to postpone?
    Punyahavachanam can be done simply without naming function etc. on that day
    and should perform the shradham on that actual thithi day itself.

Note: I could not guess how many days are there between birth and Punyaham day,
    if possible the punyaham can be done on the 11th day.

Again punyaham, naming function, cradle function also can done on other selected good day.
    nvs

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
    please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
    Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
    Best Wishes and Best Regards,
    Dr.NVS

Comment

Re: shradham- on Poonyavachanam day

Dear Mama

Adyen Dasan. Thanks for your reply. As per your advise my friend (in Canada) and his brother (in India) are doing the Shradham on the same day of Punyagavachanam. They are planning to do Punyagavachanam on some other day. Thanks for your time and help.

Krupa Adyen

regards

ranganathan

Comment

Working...
      X