X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference b/w subha and apara karyams

srI:
    Adiyen dasan
    Adiyen was talking to a friend recently, they had a child and he had invited a temple priest for punyavachanam, when explaining why he chose this priest versus other priest to whom he regularly goes for Veda adhyayanam, he mentioned that other priest goes for both apara and subha karyams meaning he also goes to devasams also, so there was reluctance to invite that priest, adiyen argued that both are auspicious rituals, as Srivaishnavas, there is nothing wrong in death being that Jeevan goes to Moksham, we have Iyal (NVS mama's explanation was beautiful) etc, so why do we need to distinguish b/w death and birth related things?
    Adiyen purvikam is Thuvariman, a village near Madurai and same vadhyar is always used depending on the availability but adiyen heard that explanation above and thought can ask NVS mama
    Also this is not the first time I heard about this: Some ppl mentioned dont roll food into a ball as that was done only during Devasam,
    some ppl dont make thenkuzhal in normal occasions as it is a devasa bakshanam, panchakatcham shd be balanced or should extend more on right side on normal occasiosn while left leg veshti is extended for apara kainkaryam etc
    Adiyen is confused
    Sadham is used no matter, so why difference b/w subha karyam versus apara karyam
    Adiyen's parents are still there so adiyen not sure why adiyen is even posting this question but we are also expecting a second child in 5 months, want to understand more of our rituals

dasan,
    Mugundhan

Re: Difference b/w subha and apara karyams

Dear Mukundan,
    You have asked a set of questions which are very useful for all members, if correctly understood everything.

I can reply for all questions in a single sentence "All are due to Ajgnam or Vishnu Maaya".

We can explain it with an example from the top level:
    Level 1: We know that the total universe is created by bhagavan (people are having difference of opinion in this also).
    In his creation he himself made Swargas and Narakas (some explanation to be given about what is swargam & what is Narakam ask later).

Level 2: There are so many living things (83 lakhs yonis) in the form of plant, insects, beards, animals, man, devas etc.
    In all forms of the body of the living things definitely there will be two different system eating & digestion and excretio.

Level 3: Men are making huts or bungalows for their living in which they are constructing Pooja rooms and toilets.
    In ancient days mostly in villages there was no toilets in the houses, but now both are separated with a six inch wall.

We can give so many examples - Days & Nights, Ups & Downs, Pleasure & Sorrows - but I think it is enough. What it shows?
    Always there it is there which can not be avoided in this earth.

I wish to put one serious question (some may think me bad for this, but to stress our opinion some time it requires).
    A man did the last rites of his father or mother few days / months before to take birth of a child for him. What he will do?
    Who will sit for the Punyahavachanam for his child? Because he is also disqualified by uttering the funeral mantras after the priest?!
    It is in the vision of human not in the shastras.
    I experienced, many brahmin families are having non brahmin family friends, they are allowing those friends to any level,
    but if a stranger comes they will not allow even to enter the hall.

Everybody should realize the Tatvas: There are only three tatvas according to Visishtatvida and there is only one tatva according to Advita and there are two tatvas according to Dvaita. If we explain for three tatvas it will automatically apply for other two tatvas which are having less tatvas.
    Only One Tatva - Bhrahmam - Advaita
    Two Tatvas - Bhrahmam & Jeevas - Dvaita
    Three Tatvas - Bhrahmam - Jeevas - Achit (Not having jgnanam / Materials) - Visishtatvita
    All the three philosophers are accepting Bhrahamm which is eternal and nothing to question.
    Here we have to know only about the third thing Ajeeva or Achit. (If accepted or not but our fat is to live with that only?!)
    Even Saiva Sidhanta is also accepting three tatvas - Pasu - Pathi - Paasam Most of us are don't know there is difference between Advaita & Saiva Sidhanta!
    So, the non alive materials are made at the time of Srushti by the Sankalpam of bhagavan matters are developing from his power called 'Mahan' which has
    three elements in it : Sathva, Rajas,Tamas.
    Satva & Rajas combine to form 11 sub tatvas - Pancha Jgana indriya, Pancha Karma Indriya & Manas (mind).
    Tamas & Rajas combine to form 10 sub tatvas called Pancha Bhuta and five senses - Sabda, Sparsa, Roopa, Rasa & Gantha Tanmatra.
    All the complete universe is made out of the alloys of the above 24 sub tatvas including human body.
    All bodies can be compared to a container and the Paramatma (Bhrahmam) and Jeevas can be compared to content.
    Container will going on change content will never undergoes for a change so they are called Nitya Tatva and aslso called Sat.
    So, all the containers are Asat (Anitya).

Human are always worrying about Asat and always forgets the Sat (Jeeva Paramatma in their soul) it is due to Vishnu Maaya.
    Death funerals are nothing but thanks giving to the body (container) for being used to bear a brahmin soul.
    Death funerals should be further divided in to two as Asat Karma & Sat Karma.
    The first two days cremation and dissolving the bones (Asti karaithai?! why it is again called Asti?) are comes under Asat karma.
    And the kainkaryam done for the Atma to lift it to other height comes under the Sat Karma - so definitely it is good karma only.

I am typing the answer, which is not getting an end the time is going on, I have to do my daily routines as today is Iyppasi masa pirappu.
    I request members to let me know what explained, what not explained, what left, and what more explanation you want - please put a comment continue further ......... ......
    nvs

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
    please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
    Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
    Best Wishes and Best Regards,
    Dr.NVS

Comment

Re: Difference b/w subha and apara karyams

Dear Swamin, Your reply and explanation is very clear and lucid. Most informative. Thanks and namaskarams.

SA Narayanan
      23-09-2013

Comment

Working...
      X