Searching for Best Data Card in Chennai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searching for Best Data Card in Chennai

As we are going to shift our residence to a new place.
    We asked Airtel Brand band for shifting. They are telling it will take 10 days to get the connection in our new place.
    How to manage the website without a net?
    So, I decided to purchase a new data card & searched in google with the above key words and found the below few postings.
    Please advice the best accordingly and discuss the pros & corns.
    Kendram

Below are some pastings:

Wireless Data Cards - Best one in chennai?

Hi
    Does any of our members have used/using the wireless data/Broad band cards in chennai?
    would like to see which one is the best - Reliance, airtel, Hutch etc.
    I am look for the best in speed and connectivity.

I use sprint broad band card here in US and it rocks.
    I got a Reliance Data card for my daughter studying in Chennai in August this year. In fact it came as a package deal along with the HP laptop I bought for her. Two months of unlimited usage was allowed as part of the package. I installed it and tested it when I was there and it worked fine. It comes with a very easy to install software which provides a number of features and data volumes.

I didn’t have the time to test the download speed etc. However my daughter says there is no problem with it. Connectivity I think is very good. We have had a number of computer to computer Skype calls between Chennai and Bahrain using her data card and the voice quality has been good.

After the initial two months of free access, her account has been changed to a post paid account. There are a number of schemes to choose from. She has chosen a plan which gives low rates for use after office hours and I am surprised that the first bill has been for only about Rs. 250.

Re: Searching for Best Data Card in Chennai

Last year in 2011 August when I shifted my residence
    I have purchased a reliance data card.
    The representative promised me "There will be no usage charges for three months"
    Total Rs.2500/- only you have to pay.
    There after the charges will be depend upon the usage, will be about Rs.450/- only per month.

But all the promise are false,
    I can not find him (the representative) again over phone or in person.

There is no stable connection found with that card.
    But Reliance is charging nearly Rs.1000/- per month even there is no data transfer using that data card.

We have announced them to disconnect the connection and we do not want it any more.
    They have accepted it by receiving some payment from us as balance above Rs.2500/- for three months usage.

Now they are sending a threatening layer notice that we have to pay some 1600 something to settle the bill?!

What are the terms we signed?
    How to prove that we have disconnected.
    We have only one source that there is no data transfer done using that data card.
    But how can we prove that we have not used it?
    Big companies are playing like this.
    Please be care.

Some easy terms and conditions forms should be introduced.
    Otherwise
    A general terms and condition mutually signed with minimum guaranty to be introduced.

Comment

Working...
    X