Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experiences

Experiences

One night, after meditation class, there was a discussion as usual. A question was raised, “Why did I have a bad meditation tonight? It was just bad, I could neither concentrate nor be mindful”. I replied, “Good or bad things which happen in meditation are experiences, don’t have an opinion about them. You just acknowledge them as they really are, and let them go. They are just experiences”. All the meditators seemed satisfied with the answers. To add more understanding, I would like to share with you a story which can illustrate this well. Here is the story;

One evening, a daughter came home and told her mother how everything in her life was going wrong: on just one day; she failed her exam, her boyfriend broke up with her and her best friend moved away.

Meanwhile, her mother was baking a cake, and asked her daughter if she would like a snack, and the daughter said, “Absolutely Mom, I love your cake”.

“Here, have some cooking oil”, her mother offered. “Yuck” said her daughter.

“How about a couple of raw eggs?”, her mother offered. “Gross, Mom!”, said her daughter.
    “Would you like some flour then? Or maybe baking soda?”, her mother offered. “Mom, those are all yucky!”, said her daughter.

At which the mother explained, “Yes, all those things seem bad by themselves. But when they are put together in the right way, they make a wonderfully delicious cake! Many times you wonder why your life goes through such bad and difficult times. These things are experiences, when we open our wisdom-eye and see, we will realize that these are experiences. And when you put them together, you can become stronger and wiser. They always provide a good lesson! if we just allow ourselves to learn and experience them as they really are. They will all make something wonderful for your life!”

The daughter said “Yes, Mom” to her mother as she understood. Her mother said, “Good, have a piece of cake now”. She said thank you to her mother.

Yes, experience, either good or bad, is supportive of life. We, who experience it, must learn it; put it together as a series of lessons.

Life can be stronger and wiser. Do you learn from your experience? Don’t let it go freely, you must take knowledge out of it. Then all experiences will become good for you.
Working...
X