Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phaladhaanam

Dear members,
    During marriage rituals,Phaladhaanam is given to certain people. Seek clarification on to whom all is it given,is it for only males?Relatives? etc., as my son's wedding is approaching.
    Tanking you all in advance.
    Happy Pongal Greetings!
    varadarajan

Re: Phaladhaanam

Dear Members,
    The reply I received from NVS Swamin is reproduced below for my query abovefor the information of you all.

" Regarding Phala dhaanam:
    It shold be given to couples only.
    Better to give all close relative couples, or atleast,
    Parents of bride and groom and their parents if alive.
    Please post this reply in the forum also.
    Dasan,
    NVS"

varadarajan

Comment

Dear Sri.Varadarajan

Best wishes to your son as he is getting married soon.

Regarding Pala Danam
      Pala Dhanam

Gifts are exchanged between the families of the bride and groom. Any gift not accompanied by a token gesture of a coin of small denomination that represents the stored value of human effort is considered incomplete; thus respecting the value of human effort through which wealth is acquired. Also no gift shall be taken without a return gesture, which merits the gift received. Pala Dhanam as ordained by the scriptures is thus an action signifying mutual arrangements between the families, to be based on the principle of equality and respect for each other irrespective of one’s economic stature in life. The return gesture by the family of the groom could never equal to the gift of the bride given to the groom. Hence, the same coin given to the groom’s family is returned to the bride’s family an acknowledgment of the priceless gift received.

http://www.sawnet.org/weddings/tamil_vedic.html

http://www.indianetzone.com/24/marri...outh_india.htm

Comment

Dear Padmanabhan Sir,
        Thank you,Sir,for the detailed reply clarifying my doubts.
        I will do as you suggested.
        Thanks again,Sir,
        Varadarajan

Comment

Working...
        X