Madi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Madi

Mr.Padmanabhan has explained about Madi and the rules of Madi. Ofcourse every brahmin is to follow madi in one way or other. But I wonder if it is possible for anyone to strictly follow these rules unless he or she makes some compromise, in a junk like 1or 2 bedrooms flats., even during some religious ceremonies. Anyhow let us try to follw Madi atleast to some extent.

Re: Madi

SrI:
    Wrt to 1 or 2 BHK we live in nowadays. It is still possible to practice.

1) wrt clothes, try to have a rope in your hall or any other room at a ceiling height. Use the vesti, saree, etc using a kuchi. If this is not possible use shawl to do sandhyavamdhanams and aaradhanams. If that is not possible then you can show the vesti to the Sun and then wear it. As far I have heard, wet cloth cannot be used for any vaidheeka karyams but wet can be used provided you show it to sun and sprint it 7 times.

2) wrt Food, try to have cooked food in one corner of the slab in kitchen; put a kolam and a border with kolam itsead do not use curd/milk/salt/sugar, etc (non pathu) items to other end.

3) wrt Sani after we eat, you can use turmeric powder instead of cow dung *sani

4) wrt sleeping in day times, use a shawl or plastic cover over the pillow and mattress.

I mean these are some modifications we can practically do and still practice acharam.

Comment

Mr Padmanaban has rightly put it with a relaxation. Our traditions have a
      deep origin and very ancient one. Some fail to understand its significance
      unless somebody tells the necessity for adoption. Some do not believe in it.
      Generally, modern era life style has brought lot of changes, owing to paucity
      of space, facility, etc and some have slight ego too. In some rare cases, due to
      practical problems, I notice, people constrained to cook during periods also as
      they have none to help/assist them. If we start teaching the younger generation
      about its importance, they will understand the necessity and our traditions
      will remain cherished.

Comment

Mr. Balu,
        what Mr Padmanabhan said is 100% correct. Not in rare cases but in all households, mostly thani kudiththanams, womemfolk are constrained to cook even during periods, as they have no help or elders to do the job. Any how we have to put up with this changed life. Then do you think that our young generations are prepared to hear you when you want to teach them our tradition. You and me may like to read and write such things inblack and white but difinitely not our youngsters who are running after money day and night. Please do not misunderstand me for such hot comments. Let us cheer up for ourselves..

Comment

Dear Narasimhan Sir,

Yes. Most of the younger generation today will not listen. But the truth is still there are some (though few) are adhearing to all our religious sastras. I know some people young (in the age group of 20 to 35) still following all our acharams and anustanams. They don't eat anything outside, do sandhyavandanam,pujas everyday, studying vedas and also teaching vedas (what they have already learnt to small boys) following Ekadasi upavasam very strictly and all.

We cannot leave the younger generation just because they are not listening to us. We should keep telling them and teaching them so that atleast if they turn towards acharam in their later days it will be useful.

There is a proverb in Tamil. "Odara Sangai oduvom. Pozhudhu vidiyum bodu vidiyattum"

With Best Regards

S. Sankara Narayanan
          RADHE KRISHNA

Comment

Originally posted by gowriputran View Post
            Dear Narasimhan Sir,

Yes. Most of the younger generation today will not listen. But the truth is still there are some (though few) are adhearing to all our religious sastras. I know some people young (in the age group of 20 to 35) still following all our acharams and anustanams. They don't eat anything outside, do sandhyavandanam,pujas everyday, studying vedas and also teaching vedas (what they have already learnt to small boys) following Ekadasi upavasam very strictly and all.

We cannot leave the younger generation just because they are not listening to us. We should keep telling them and teaching them so that atleast if they turn towards acharam in their later days it will be useful.

There is a proverb in Tamil. "Odara Sangai oduvom. Pozhudhu vidiyum bodu vidiyattum"

With Best Regards

S. Sankara Narayanan
            Dear sree Sankaranarayanan,

I dont deny what you said in your above posting. As you said there may be some( a few) adhere to all religius matter. If you enquire about those children, you will come to know that they are all children of Vaideekas orAcharya purushas. There is no necessity for us to teach them as they are brought from young age about acharam and anustanam by their parents.
            Narasimhan

Comment

Working...
            X