• Show
Clear All

• Nithyashree thanks everyone

Click image for larger version

Name:	NITHYASRI.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	34264 Nithyasri.
    arts, culture and entertainment arts (general)
    music

“I thank all those who stood by me in the hour of crisis,” says Nithyasri, whose outing this past Season came to an abrupt end. The eloquent tone conveyed that and more. “I never thought I would be back so soon but it has happened, thanks to the good wishes of rasikas,” she adds.

The car park was full and every seat in the main hall taken, the balcony fast filling up as people made a beeline for the TTK Auditorium, The Music Academy. Full of poise in her comeback concert, Nithyasri, in the encouraging and caring company of another veteran Sowmya, sparkled in all the aspects of singing, picking up the thread with élan.

The audience cheered all the way. It was a tribute to the courage of the artist, who is trying to put a trauma behind her. “I took every applause as their blessing and am thankful. I saw many tear-filled eyes that evening and was moved. All my misgivings about taking the dais vanished,” says the vocalist, who was being gently prompted by the family to get on with her music.

The programme was fixed in October last and Nithyasri wondered whether she should cancel it. “Mr. Murali was keen that I should not. ‘You have to resume singing and Aradhana will be the apt occasion to begin afresh,’ he said. I’m glad I took his advice,” she explains.

“Sowmya is a childhood friend, more like a sister. I knew I’d be comfortable in her company. Once the concert started, it was the music that mattered. I didn’t think of anything else,” says the artist. She profusely thanks the music fraternity that has stood like a pillar of strength. “They have lent me support all the way. Messages poured in before and after the concert.”

For Nithyasri, the second innings has started on a positive note, the ovation of listeners sending the message loud and clear.

http://www.thehindu.com/arts/i-thank-everyone-nithyasri/article4389256.ece
Working...
X